Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Error opening the script in VUGen

I recorded a script using SAPGUI Protocol and executed it sucessfully and then saved it. Later when i try to open the script i am getting an error 'Vuser type is not supported'.

Is anyone aware of this issue?
0 Likes
9 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Error opening the script in VUGen

The current Vugen version is same as what you recorded previously? Can you attach the error snapshot and .usr file?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Madan,

I recorded and trying to open in same version of VUGen. Please find attached is the USR file.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Also please find attached is the screenshots of the error message.

Thanks,
Vamsi
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

I'm not sure what went wrong. Can you try attached one?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Looks like saved script is corrupted.

I don't see any issue in .Usr
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Madan,

I have used the updated file which you have sent. Now i am able to open the script but i am not able to execute the script. When i click on the execute button no action is performed.

Any Thoughts??

Thanks,
Vamsi
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Save as with different name, restart and run.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Inititally i have put the peice of code which you have put in USR you have sent in the orinigal file and saved it. Then i am able to open to script but was not able to execute.

Now i have copied the file which you have sent to the script folder and deleted the old file and then renamed the copied filed to the script name and then tried to open the script after i restart the VUGen. I am getting error messages and was not able to open the script. Please find attached are the screenshots.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

usr file alone is not sufficient to open, it refers to other configuration files in the script directory. What i meant in the earlier update was open the script in Vugen and go to File > Save As and Save it with a different name. It should work.

Otherwise, re-record the script and some one modified your files incorrectly. I can few required fields missing in usr file.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.