Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Error with GrooveUtil.dll when starting VUGen

Jump to solution
HI,

I installed LR8.1 in my machine and tried to start VUGen for recording (HTTP /HTML). But after starting the recorder, it only shows an error message saying "Failed to load GrooveUtil.dll". After clicking OK on the message, nothing happens. The LR recorder toolbar has opened but no sign of any IE window opening.

Thanks for any help,
Sayantani
"It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office."
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..
Check, if this works for you!

Disable Groove GFS Browser Helper components.

Open IE, Goto Tools-->InternetOptions-->Programs--->Manage Add-ons-->select Add-ons currently loaded in Internet Explorer and select Groove GFS browser Helper and Disable it.

try recording now and check if it works!

Also,

check if this dll exists or corrupted:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveUtil.dll

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..
Check, if this works for you!

Disable Groove GFS Browser Helper components.

Open IE, Goto Tools-->InternetOptions-->Programs--->Manage Add-ons-->select Add-ons currently loaded in Internet Explorer and select Groove GFS browser Helper and Disable it.

try recording now and check if it works!

Also,

check if this dll exists or corrupted:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveUtil.dll

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
It wokred. Thanks a lot. 🙂
"It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office."
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Closing this thread as diasabling the Groove Add-on worked.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.