Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Excluding the think time form the average response time calculated by the load-runner analysis tool

Dear all
I am facing the following problem about excluding the think time from the calculated average response time. I did the following:-
1. On the virtual user generator tool I set the “think time” in the “run time setting” to be “ignore think time”.
2. And on the load-runner analysis tool I have select “do not include think time”, before generating the load-runner-report on word document
But on the controller I did not find any setting for the think time , but on the analysis tool I have noted that the setting is to reply think time as recorded even if I have set it on the virtual user generated tool, to ignore the think time.

So in this case will the average response time calculated by the load-runner analysis tool will exclude the think time sine I have selected “do not include think time “ regardless of what was the setting for recording or not to record the think time?
Regards
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Excluding the think time form the average response time calculated by the load-runner analysis tool

Running load test by disabling think time is not a good approach.Enable the think time in your scripts and run the load test.in the analysis select the 'do not include think time'
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Excluding the think time form the average response time calculated by the load-runner analysis tool

i think that when i start the scenario using for example 20 VU the controller will reply the script using the think time even if i have specified in the virtual user generator to ignore the think time , because when the analysis tool calculated the average response time before i select "do not include think time" it was 95 seconds, but when i select "not to include the think time" the average response time was reduced from 95 second to 12 seconds using the same script, so is my setting right? and as i have mentioned before that on the load runner generator tool i have select to ignore the think time, but when i open the script in the analysis tool and i checked the run timer setting it says that the think time was reply as recorded ? and when i start the scenario i saw that each user stay in the "run" status about 95 seconds and not 5 seconds ,, so i think that i did the right settings ???
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.