Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Executing HP Performance Center from command line

Jump to solution

Hi,

Is there a way to execute HP Performance Center performance tests through command line? I am using HP Performance Center 11.

I saw the option for executing performance tests through command line on a stand alone controller - 

Wlrun.exe -Run -TestPath "C:\Program Files\HP\LoadRunner\scenario\Scenario1.lrs" -ResultName "C:\Program Files\HP\LoadRunner\scenario\LRResult"

Is there anything similar that can be used for HP Performance Center?

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Re: Executing HP Performance Center from command line

Jump to solution

Hi Shavan,

For running in CI / CD process, make a try using running scenario using REST API. This can help you to execute test directly without login into performance center.

I dont think there is any option available to run via command prompt even in recent performance center versions.

Regards,

Mahesh

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

I couldn't find this option from PC Admin Guide Either.

Where did you get this command, which you used in Controller?

any where documented? So, please refer in the same guide.

You can refer Page 195 & 205 (PC Admin guide) for any info, but nothing much useful to your query.

(If this helped, accept as solution )
(Posts and opinions made here are my own and do not reflect the opinions of my employer)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Jump to solution

Damus,

I found this on one of the blogs that I was browsing. Nothing on Performance Center though.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Richa,

I did some R&D over here, I couldn't find Info related to such requirement.

May be right Way to reach out HP, but if nothing is in HP- PC Documentation, you know what the answer you will get.

(If this helped, accept as solution )
(Posts and opinions made here are my own and do not reflect the opinions of my employer)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi,

I want to open this discussion again since I have a requirement to run performance center from command line.

This post was quite old so I assume the newer versions of Performance Center might have included this feature.

I am using Performance Center 12.55 and we have a requirement to run the test as part of our octopus continuous deployment process.

Any thoughts regarding the above is much appreciated.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Shavan,

For running in CI / CD process, make a try using running scenario using REST API. This can help you to execute test directly without login into performance center.

I dont think there is any option available to run via command prompt even in recent performance center versions.

Regards,

Mahesh

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Jump to solution

I tried the REST API's and they are really quite handy to login and execute the test in Performance Center.

Thanks Mahesh, much appreciated.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.