Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Executing Script on Multiple Load Generators with Multiple NICs fails

I am using Performance Center 9.2 and my load generator boxes have 2 NIC cards. When I execute the script on one load generator the script works fine, but when I use 2 load generators the script fails. The Script looks like it does not select the correct NIC. The code I am using to assign the IP address is:

my_host=lr.get_host_name()

if instr( my_host,"load_gen") > 0 then
web.set_sockets_option "USER_IP_ADDRESS", "10.1.180.17"
end if

Thanks for the help
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Executing Script on Multiple Load Generators with Multiple NICs fails

I do not believe that Performance Center supports multiple NIC cards. Is there a reason that you cannot just disable one NIC on each Performance Center server?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I can not disable the second NIC on the Load Generator, because the controller talks to the Generator on one network and Generator sends the traffic out on a different network.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Did you execute the "HELP" flag to ensure that USER_IP_ADDRESS is available? Did you try to add the port 80 or 443 to the IP address?

If USER_IP_ADDRESS is not available you may need to use the ALLOW_ONLY_HOSTS flag.

Alan
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Yes, the IP Address is getting assigned. When I run using 1 load generator and if statement in the questions all transactions pass. When I add a second load generator and a second if statement, the transactions fail.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.