Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Flex 3.0 in loadrunner

Hi All,
I am trying to record a web application built using flex 3.0 in loadrunner 9.1.I am getting flex_web_request generated in the script which has body attribute of binary values.I am unable to correlate a result set of reports from the server's response as it is in binary format.
Is there any way to get the server response in readable format(XML response).Thanks.
0 Likes
24 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi All,
I recorded a web app build on flex 3.0 using Loadrunner 9.52. I did not go for the custom JAVA classes option and I chose Load runner AMF serializer option. it is identifying the object also properly but while replaying actually I want to submit different set of data, it is throwing an error any idea for that.

" AMF call returned an error, described in XML seen in extended log".

In LR 9.52 as someone said Flex->Code generation option is not there but instead Flex->externalizable objects option is there so as someone said that BEGIN ARGUEMENTS
and END ARUEMENTS is seen with XML data...tats not possible because these options are of LR 9.50 please someone gve a clear pic of AMF and FLEX and my error as well
Thanks in advance.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Sumi,

We are also facing the same issue.. I got the application jar files and applied them in recording options as stated by guru. But still iam getting binary data in the script. Have u found any solution?

We are using loadrunner 9.5 with Flex/WEB/AMF protocol.

Can anyone help?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi everyone, Iam getting the follwoing error in generation log after applying jar files

AMF: Fail to parse Externalizable object using server parser
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi All,

I was trying to record a Flex 3.0 application with Loadrunner 9.5 SP2. But I am also facing similar problems, like the code is getting generated in Binary, the replay does not display the screenshot. It displays only AMF Secured message etc.

I also tried the option of placing the Jar files in a specified location and mentioned the same in the Flex->Externalizable Objects Option. But still the issue is the same.

Please suggest some solution.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi sumi,

Firstly follow these steps and once ur done contact me:

1. upgrade LR 9.50 to 9.52.
2. Record the flex 3.0 app with flex and web(HTTP/HTML) protocols combined.
3. under recording options -> flex -> do not serialize AMF objects.

4. Record it and Stop. you will get an error window claiming that these amf objects are not serialized.

5. go again to the recording options. Now, Click on obtion flex -> serialize AMF objects using AMF serializer.

6. click on regenarate script.
The binary values will be decoded to readable objects.

....CONDN apply:

If it does not decodes:
click on generating options once again, and get all the jar files and configure it into the recording option and gain regerate the script....

This time it will be done.

LR 9.52 is successfull with Flex 3.0

and the Flex_web_request code section will look like.....

flex_remoting_call(
"alertService::saveAlert",
"URL=https://192.168.135.120/webstream/messagebroker/amf;jsessionid=29AF193499E5ACD8D6558C531B90D9FC",
"Snapshot=t76.inf",
INVOCATION,
"Target=/26",
"Operation=saveAlert",
"Destination=alertService",
"DSEndpoint=my-secure-amf",
"DSId=3616E2F7-81E8-C599-752A-D67073D9B048",
"Argument="
""
""
""
"\\xff\\xff\\xff\\xff\\xff\\xff\\xff\\x7f"
""
""
""
""
""
""
"Bid"
""
">"
"
"
"false"
"false"
"IBM<"
"{VlaueOfSymbol}"
"
"
"
"
"
"
"
"
"
"
"
"
"true"
"false"
"{AlertName}"
""
""
"16"
"false"
"Active"
"{Desc1} {Desc2} "
"
"
"
"
"abb4271b-45c9-4725-91b8-893e9e90d25a"
"
",
LAST);

flex_web_request will get convert to flex_remoting_call method.

NOTE: do not combine ever flex and AMF protocols because these 2 protocols work with 2 diff principles.......
0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Hi,
Anybody can help me,Now I am trying to recording Flex 3.0 with LR 9.52.

Advance thanks for helping me..

mat123
0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Hi friends,
Is it required a separate FLEX license,If we are doing flex with web HTTP load testing?
please reply
0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Hi friends,
Do u have any solution for the below topic?

I tried to record Flex 3.0+Loadrunner 9.52 with Flex+web(HTTP),then it's not recording,but I tried with web(HTTP) only.Then it's recording,but I am getting lots of binary values.Is there any solution to change binary to readable format? Is it the correct way of recording?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Mat123,

What Aditya said is the best solution to convert the binary to readable values.

I don't think you need separate license for that..

For 9.52 version LR, it works very well. Can you please send us what specific error you are getting when u try to record with Flex, Web combination ?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

For Deployment we are using the following
Software/Tool Version
JDK 1.6
Spring 2.5.6
Weblogic Application Sever 10.3
IPlanet Web Server 7.1
Adobe Flash Player 9.0
Oracle 10g
Abinitio 2.15
LiveCycle Data Services 2.6
Apache FOP (pdf conversion) 0.9
Apache POI (excel conversion) 3.6

For Development we are using the following
Software/Tool Version
Flash Builder 4.0
Eclipse 3.5
Apache ANT 1.7.1
Quest Toad 9.0
Business Objects BO XI R1 (GMIS Environment)
RAD (Rational Application Developer) 6.x/7.x

Can you tell me if this is supported by LoadRunner 9.52
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Aditya,

Can you kindly suggest the jar files that need to be added, its only the Flex jar files or all the jar files.

regards
Ramesh
0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Does your flex uses RTMP and RTMPD protocols?I have found out that RTMPD protocol is not supported by LR....
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.