New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE
Highlighted
Vice Admiral Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Goal-oriented scenario in Performance Center 9.0?

I can't find a goal-oriented scenario in Performance Center 9.0.

Does Performance Center 9.0 support goal-oriented scenarios?
If "Yes", how I can find this feature in PC GUI?
0 Likes
7 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

PC has implemented SLA based testing. It you want to run a goal based test you can always run a controller directly on your controller host as before.

Alan
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I don't see a difference between goal oriented and SLA based testing. You can always set your transaction goals/SLA in PC 9.0. If there is a transaction taking longer than expected, it will highlight it in red. Let me know if you need more info regarding this.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

The Goal oriented Scenarios is similar to SLAs defined in PC.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Vice Admiral Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

SLAs are for your information only.

"Goals" in the "Goal-oriented scenario" are actually used to control the load.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Yury is correct SLA's do not drive load whereas a goal oriented scenario will.

Setting an SLA in PC will just tell you if you passed or failed your requirement.

Alan
0 Likes
Highlighted
Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

HI ,

I am useing LR11.0 on Windows XP with Ajax TruClient Protocol.

Could some one please advise me.

Here is the Scenario: For 1000 users, Response time should not exceed 2 seconds of each component of website.

Please see the attached screen short of Goal Oriented Scenario and please check the marked boxes with red color rectangle box.

Am I doing right, please check correct me if I am wrong?

1. My question is, a) how much Run Time I should give. b) I gave 1000 users under Maximum Users; whereas under Minimum users what number should I give?

2. I have to run the scripts, by uploading and connecting to the 3rd party controller remotely.
I think its 3rd party wish, to decide to distribute the load for no of vusers on no of machines.
Am I right?

3. While connecting to the Load Generators under the name, I should give their host name right?

4.I ran the Manual Oriented scenario(On LR11.0 trial version) for 2 Vusers on the Controller.It ran successfully without any errors, but surprisingly It I didnot see any Tansaction Response time graph

On top of LR11.0 trial version I installed the below patch also.

http://support.openview.hp.com/downloadA...odRelease=11.00
Title: Critical Update
Document ID: KM999242
Updated: 2010-Sep-21
LR_03014: OTHER Additional critical functionality for TruClient Protocol

Do i need to install Controller related as well as Analysis patches also for LR11.0?

Thanks,
Raj
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Presently the Goal Oriented Scenario is not available in Performance Center, the option is only available under LoadRunner Controller.

Hope like we can expect on PC 11.5 Version

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.