Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

HP ALM Robot v13 has serious bug

Jump to solution

I just discovered a serious bug in the latest version of HP ALM Robot (v13.5406.24250) .

Even though the Robot Validated the setup, it failed doing my first simple Upgrade due to the simple fact that it didn't use the credential added in the setup phrase in the actual Upgrade phrase.

In my setup I've different credentials for each of the Source and Destination servers,  and instead of using provided Source credentials it used either my current cred. or the Destination cred. (which are identical), which causes "Access denied".

How fast can someone fix this?

Best Regards,

Bjarne Dein
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: HP ALM Robot v13 has serious bug

Jump to solution

Hi Bjarne Dein,

I understand that you are using ALM/PC. However, the issue is ALM issue. Therefore, for better support, you should post the question to ALM forum.

Regards,

Chau

Regards,

Chau Nguyen | SW Technical Support Consultant.
LoadRunner and Performance Center

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
10 Replies
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi,

This is ALM issue, please post your question to ALM/QC forum as below:

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Quality-Center-Support-Customer/bd-p/quality-center-support-customer-forum#.VYfhakY3hwK

Regards,

Chau

Regards,

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Sure it's an ALM issue, and our PC installation is also an PC ALM installation...

So why should I move it to QC, when it's on PC I have the issue?

Best Regards,

Bjarne Dein
0 Likes
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi Bjarne Dein,

I understand that you are using ALM/PC. However, the issue is ALM issue. Therefore, for better support, you should post the question to ALM forum.

Regards,

Chau

Regards,

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi Bjarne,

In order to provide the best answer for you, we need the log files:

1.  ALM Robot Log, which could be obtained from [robot installation folder]\log

2. Windows security event log from Control panel->Admin tools->Events->Security

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hi Gal,

Thanks for taking this one one.

I've played a bit more around with it, and I actually think there are more issues then what I found in the first place...

Let's start with the log files, so you can get started:-)

Best Regards,

Bjarne Dein
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

On vary short term I can add the used user (QAONEADR\G19594-Adm) as Admin on the Source server, then it can get dbid.xml file, and this just confirms my first observation, that the Robot don't use the specified Source REP user.

So far so good.

If I then temporary add (above) user as Local Admin on the Source server, then another problem turns up at the Dest. Server - or rather on the Dest DB Server (VDA1CD2015) as it can't restore the DB from the Source at the Dest either.

Evene the Robot log file writes nonsense like: "Try to restore project PN___Dev based on schema pn_pn___dev_db  from database VDA1CD2015.QAONEADR.LOCAL into target database VDA1CD2015.QAONEADR.LOCAL" - It's completely wrong!

Please see the log files here, where I've added above user as Local Admin on the Source Server.

Best Regards,

Bjarne Dein
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi Bjarne,

The following error message is indicative of the problem you're experiencing:

Can't create a new database connection for url 'jdbc:mercury:sqlserver://VDA1CD2015.QAONEADR.LOCAL:1433' on setting catalog to 'pn_pn___dev_db'

java.sql.SQLException

[Mercury][SQLServer JDBC Driver][SQLServer]Database 'pn_pn___dev_db' does not exist. Make sure that the name is entered correctly.;

It looks like you're trying to restore your project on an ALM server when the project not present in the server's database. So you need to restore (or import) your project on the new server's database.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hi Gal,

On one side I'm sorry to admit that I've misunderstood the consept of ALM Robot, but on the other side, I need to highligt that I think the documentation for ALM Robot is rather misleading!

On page 5 or 7 (depending on version of manual) there is a very good picture this provides you a complete other impression (please see attachment).

I think you should re-consider this picture, as there (according to your word) is transfering/upgrading no databases through the ALM Robot at all.

OR at least make it very clear, that NO database transfer and what so ever is taking care of by the Robot, which I hardly find clear.

That said - why don't you make it take care of it all?

It's not that difficult to move/copy a database from one instance to another, and all together that would actually make it THE ULTIMATE tool.

Best Regards,

Bjarne Dein
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

PS. The ALM Robot still has a bug when fetching the dbid.xml file from the Source server - it tryes with the wrong user.

Best Regards,

Bjarne Dein
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Thanks, Bjarne.

I'll pass your feedback to the ALM team.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.