Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

HP ALM internal and External URLs for performance center 11 version

Jump to solution

Hi All,

I am trying to install HP ALM 11 version , I am confused on so many internal and external urls to be provided

1. http://ALM server name>[<:port number>]/qcbin
 My previous 9.1 version Performance center url was like http://perf.xyz.com/loadtest

can I use new 11 ALM external url as http://perf.ALMXYZ.com/qcbin in such case what am I suppose to provide during the ALM and PC installations( is the port number mandatory here @jboss appserver @ IIS 7 is web server being used)

2. Performance center server installations it is again asking for 2 times for internal and external urls
On Page 53 installation doc , it asks for ALM internal url ( I do not have any issue here, I can use internal url as per ALM installations)

But page 54 it is asking me to provide external and internal url for performance center  , can any one explain on this

Thanks,

Sateesh

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: HP ALM internal and External URLs for performance center 11 version

Jump to solution
Hi
just skip those steps and add the URLs when you add the PC server, they will be automatically populated once you enter the PC server name or IP, make sure to install all patches for this, currently is patch 9 for ALM and patch 6 for PC components

regards

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Jump to solution

Can any one please help me on this post to understand internal and external urls

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution
Hi

Just enter the machine name and click on tab, it will populate automatically the internal and external URL, just one question, why are you installing the old and unstable 11.0 if you could be installing the new and improved 11.5?

Regards
0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Jump to solution
Hi ,

Thanks for the reply , your question on 11.5 , here we have  unwanted process in my company forcing me to go for 11 version, we got approval till 11 version only, as we are using 9.0 version and hp is going to stop the support by this december 31,We cannot wait till we get new approval for the 11.5 so our mangement has decided to go with 11 only

And coming to my question 

In performance center intallation doc it asked couple of times to produce internal and external urls,

1) Page 53 it asked for internal url for ALM ( it is fine to provide)

2) Page 54 again it is asking for internal and external URLs ( what is the difference here to above)

Could you please elaberate on this

Thanks,
sateesh

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution
Hi
just skip those steps and add the URLs when you add the PC server, they will be automatically populated once you enter the PC server name or IP, make sure to install all patches for this, currently is patch 9 for ALM and patch 6 for PC components

regards

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.