Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

HP PC12.01 - questions about user credentials when setting up monitor profile

After reading different posts, user guides I'm a little bit confused about the user & minimal rights needed to add a monitor for a server under test.

Assume following situation:

- I have a performance test for which I want to monitor Windows resources on application server X

- I add a monitor profile having a Windows monitor on application server X

- Currently I don't have access to application server X

Now my questions are:

- Which user + password do I have to enter in the Monitor profile window?
   Is this the user of the machine where Performance Center is installed? Or the user of the machine where the Controller is installed?

- Is it required to add a user + password as these fields are not mandatory?
   If not, which user is then used in the background to collect the data?

- Which are the minimal rights a user should have on application server X in order to collect the monitored counter info?

Thanks in advance for your feedback

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: HP PC12.01 - questions about user credentials when setting up monitor profile

Hi,

Here's a thumb rule for this monitor which should answer many of your questions raised:

"whichever the user account that your Performance Center  application is using (by default it is IUSR_METRO), you should be able to login to the Controller machine with that account, be able to add that same application server X within the PERFMON application from Windows default applications and be able to connect and retrieve measurements without error. ONLY then the same user account can be used to connect to the monitor from Performance Center as well. Bottom line is: It should work in Perfmon which is completely outside the scope of Perf Center and is a way to validate permissions at Windows level"

Thanks,

Microfocus Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.