Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

HP Performance Center 12 - Downloading reports - Access denied

Jump to solution

I am working with HP Performance Center 12 to run performance tests. After the execution of the tests, I need to download the reports using the ALM REST API calls.

For HP Performance Center 11.5, this worked:

http://machine:8080/qcbin/rest/domains/DEFAULT/projects/MyProject/results/<field-id>/logical-storage

This call would automatically download the requested report in a zip format to the desired location.

For HP Performance Center 12.20, this command throws up a qccore.operation-forbidden exception - Access to this resource has been denied.

I am already passing the rest/site-session before I call this command so I am not sure why access is being denied.

Is there a change in the way reports need to be downloaded from HP Performance Center 12.20?

Appreciate the help!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Re: HP Performance Center 12 - Downloading reports - Access denied

Jump to solution

Thanks Daniela for your response.

I had seen the REST API documentation for HP Performance Center12.20 and noticed that apparently, in HP PC 12.20, the downloads do not happen automatically as in the previous releases.

As per the HP docs:
The new default behavior is to ask the user whether to open the attachment or save it. If default downloading is required, enable it using the DOWNLOAD_REST_ATTACHMENTS site parameter.
This change was driven by security concerns. It avoids running an executable attachment by default.

Details of the parameter - DOWNLOAD_ REST_ ATTACHMENTS:
This parameter determines whether attachments are downloaded automatically in REST. If the value is Y, attachments are downloaded only after the browser prompts the user to open or save the attachment. If the value is N, the browser downloads the attachment automatically The default is Y.

Inspite of changing this parameter in the Site Administration page, I am still not able to download the attachment automatically.

Any idea whether a restart of the server is required for this new parameter to get updated?

Appreciate the help.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hello Richa_S,

The APIs change with the versions.

The following link contains the Performance Center REST API Reference for 12.20 version.

https://softwaresupport.hp.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/KM01284435?lang=en&cc=us&hpappid=113963_OSP_PRO_HPE

Regards,

Daniela Gómez Alvarado
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Jump to solution

Thanks Daniela for your response.

I had seen the REST API documentation for HP Performance Center12.20 and noticed that apparently, in HP PC 12.20, the downloads do not happen automatically as in the previous releases.

As per the HP docs:
The new default behavior is to ask the user whether to open the attachment or save it. If default downloading is required, enable it using the DOWNLOAD_REST_ATTACHMENTS site parameter.
This change was driven by security concerns. It avoids running an executable attachment by default.

Details of the parameter - DOWNLOAD_ REST_ ATTACHMENTS:
This parameter determines whether attachments are downloaded automatically in REST. If the value is Y, attachments are downloaded only after the browser prompts the user to open or save the attachment. If the value is N, the browser downloads the attachment automatically The default is Y.

Inspite of changing this parameter in the Site Administration page, I am still not able to download the attachment automatically.

Any idea whether a restart of the server is required for this new parameter to get updated?

Appreciate the help.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hi Richa,

I've successfully managed to download the RawResults.zip file using the following endpoints:

Once the test is finished, this will list all the results files

$HPPC_HOST/LoadTest/rest/domains/$HPPC_DOMAIN/projects/$PROJECT/Runs/$RUN_ID/Results

Then you can download the individual files you need using:

$HPPC_HOST/LoadTest/rest/domains/$HPPC_DOMAIN/projects/$PROJECT/Runs/$RUN_ID/Results/$RESULT_ID/data

However in my case the host is not the same as the ALM host; the Performance Center host is located on a different machine.  Also, the PC host doesn't require the site-session authentication, just the authentication-point/authenticate.

Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Jump to solution

Hi ColMc,

Thanks so much for your response! The URLs that you added to your answer resolved my query. Like in your case, our PC server and ALM server are on different machines. I was attempting to query the ALM server for the reports. Using the PC Server in the URL and changing it as per the PC REST API call, I am now able to download the report.

One question though, did you need to update the DOWNLOAD_ REST_ ATTACHMENTS parameter in Site Administration page of you ALM server? I wanted to confirm whether it is a required step.

thanks and regards,

Richa.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hi Richa,

Glad to hear you had success!

I didn't need to update the DOWNLOAD_ REST_ ATTACHMENTS parameter in the Site Admin page.  However the admin functions are dealt with separately here so I don't have access to check what the parameter is currently set to.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Jump to solution

Ok. Thanks ColMc!

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.