Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

HP Performance Center 12 - VUGen - RTE protocol - private key file

Jump to solution

Hi,

I am using HP Perforamnce Center 12.5. I have  scenario where I need to connect to a linux box and execute an sh script on it. For doing this I am trying the RTE protocol. I use the following options to connect :

Session Type - TELNET

Host Name - <my linux box ip>

Terminal Type - LINUX

Port Number 22

Security Type - SSH

In the Details for Security, i use the default selected options:

CIpher - 3DES

Attempt 'keyboard interactive' auth (SSH-2) - checked

I need to connect to the linux box using a private key file for authentication. when I attempt to give the path to the .ppk file, and click OK, I get the error:

"Keyfile not recognised. Contact your System Administration or Ericom Support"

COuld you please let me know what is the issue here? SOme other format of private key file is expected?

Is there any other way/protocol to connect to a linux box (usign a private key fle - .ppk) to execute a script there?

Appreciate the help.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Established Member..
Established Member..

I was able to go past this issue. The protocol is expecting the private key file in the .pem format. I was supplying a .ppk format.

I converted the .ppk file to .pem using PuTTy Key Generator utility. After putting in the .pem file in the test, it converts it to a .epk file (Ericom format) and connects to the required Linux terminal.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Established Member..
Established Member..

I was able to go past this issue. The protocol is expecting the private key file in the .pem format. I was supplying a .ppk format.

I converted the .ppk file to .pem using PuTTy Key Generator utility. After putting in the .pem file in the test, it converts it to a .epk file (Ericom format) and connects to the required Linux terminal.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.