Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

HP Service Test WSDL import issues

I am having issues importing a virtual WSDL housed on a forum server. I have 3 toolkit options: .Net, Java, and Generic. The only tool kit I have been able to successfully use has been the generic, however the script will not run on LoadRunner 9.1. The virtual wsdl contains Java, .Net, xAware, and BPEL web services. I had our forum engineer break out a single java web service into its own WSDL and used the java toolkit to attempt to import it, I received the same message "There was an error in the WSDL". I press OK to view the report and it says there is nothing wrong with the WSDL. I am lost. It's generally not a problem for functional testing but I can not either create or import scripts into Load Runner.
0 Likes
8 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: HP Service Test WSDL import issues

Have you tried with all tool kits : .net,java,generic,axis etc.

Confirm with the developer that WSDL is the proper WSDL file without any error.

In LR select Web Services protocol, scan for WSDL, ensure that you put the wsdl in right path.

select file and choose the WSDl file, click next to get the validation summary.

Click next , there you can find service name and below that you can see avaliable methods. select methods & click next , will go to arugments page, there you have to do the parameters.click next to run the script.

Note: WSDL should contain request and reponse stmts.

Try this
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Willian,

LR/ST is not the perfect world (like other SW;-), so I'd suggest you to try out the WSDL file in e.g. soapUI http://www.soapui.org

If it works there, there is a good chance you can get it to work in ST/LR too - BUT you might have to do a bit of hand work, to make it work.
If you can't get it to work in soapUI, then I'd say - there is a good chance that your are looking for trouble...:o)
The XML world is huge, and there is still way too many standards, why it's not a trivial job to test SOA/SOAP/WebServices.

Cheers,

Bjarne
Knowlegde is not to know it all, but knowing how to get it!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I am also experinecing exactly the same problem as william. I tried all the tool kits and none of them are working. I checked the WSDL file with developer and it is ok. It says there is a problem and to view ti click ok. But when you click the icon is green and it does not show any error !!!

Is it still in the initial stage or is there a way to get around this problem ?

Naga Palani
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

We had same problem with wsdl. apparently the soap request had a field that could not be validated against the wsdl. We actually to use soapui to record with web vuser front end. This then listened to the soapui traffic and recorded the soap request as a "web_custom_request".
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I am also facing the same issue while I am trying to WSDL files into Service test. I verified it with the developer and he told me that the file is good and I tried using SOAP UI and it worked fine.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

even i faced the same issues last year. exactly i experienced the same Problem.

these are the steps i followed.

1. make sure that from your developer side it is in good condition
2. file a Request to HP.
3. they will definatly get back to you with the fix.

i experiencede more issues while trying to import using Axis tool kit than .net
as you know .net is a microsofts maintainable version where as Axis is a open source. depending on the Problem criticality , the service Test Development team also can help you. But the good start would be from Hp support.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello Rungsee Suvansee,

I am getting an issue while importing WSDL into LoadRunner 9.1 . You mentioned here some solution.

Can you explain in step wise Please.

Thanks in Advance

regards,

Ram

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

HP Service Test WSDL import issues

Hi, I wanted to test a web service using HP Service Test. So, I import the wsdl, into service test and I can't even assign inputs to test the wsdl. It says SOAP(Document/Encoded) -> which is absurd when my wsdl is in Document - Literal style. I have tested the webservice within Tibco Designer and it works without any problems, has anyone encountered with this problem before ? 

Please let me know your inputs. 

Thanks,

Vishal.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.