Highlighted
Contributor.. Contributor..
Contributor..

HP VuGen - TruClient IE v12.02

Having difficulty getting a drop-down menu to appear, in order to select the needed description on the form.  I can get the drop-down to work and replay using Develop Mode and Load Mode, however when running tests via Performance Center, this drop-down menu object always fails to be found, and therefore cannot select a value within the drop-down.   This is a required field, and is blocking current testing of 2 different workflows.  Until this version of the applciation tested, I was using TruClient Firefox without issues.  Unfortunately, the application no longer supports FF, so I  need to use IE TruClient.   

I have tried various methods of selecting the object via ID Methods: Automatic, xpath, JavaScript, Descriptors.  Clicking on the field, tabbing into it, and pressing enter on the Description field.  All of these work via VUGEN, but the object fails during performance testing.  I am currently only trying 1 user at a time.  

The steps would be: 
Click Edit Line Item  
Select Category
Select Description 

Description Button XPATH = //div[@id="EditLineItem"]/table/tbody/tr[2]/td[2]/span[1]/div/span/span

Description Box XPATH = //*[@id="EditLineItem"]/table/tbody/tr[2]/td[2]/span[1]/div/input

**Description Box once expanded = //ul[@id="ui-id-1"]

The Description box once expanded above is what is not happening during PC12 load tests, and therefore the menu option within it fails.  

I have also tried to parameterize this field, but when I do that the value gets populated, but since it is not selected from the drop down menu, the Required field never goes away and therefore the form will not save.  

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.