Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

HP host could not be allocated

Hi,

Whenever a test is run on performance Center we get the error that the "host could not be allocated"

The laod geenrator then channges from operational to non oepratioanl in Lab Management

This happens at the step "Connect to Load Generators" It states 'Allocating load generators - 0 of 1 allocated  - failed

At the start run step we get the error

"Run test encountered the follwing warning: 'Error: Process "lr_bridge.exe" was not created on remote host xxxxxxxxxxxx. Reason: Communication error. Make sure the Agent process or service is running on the remote machine Msgld:MERR-29987

Run test fialed. Reason couild not aloocate enough load generators

Run 320 (Timeslot ID_ changhed state from intializing to run failure

Load test failed

I can ping other servers from the problem load generator. However I cannot ping the problem server from other servers.

Ive checked the ports 443 and 54345 and they are not in use on the problem load generator

We dont have telnet instaleld on these serevrs so in place of that i rand a Powershell command Test-NetConnection -port 54345 -computerName xxxxxxxxxx 

This test came back as Ping Succeeded being True and TCP Test succeeded as also being true

There is no Firewall turned on for the problem server or other servers.

Thanks for any help

0 Likes
12 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi @Pauld,

Can you do the following check...
1. Logon to the machine that was used as Controller in the test that failed (using RDP)
2. Invoke LoadRunner Controller manually (for troubleshooting purposes). This can be done by double clicking wlrun.exe located under <PC Host Root>\bin
3. In the Controller user interface, open the Load Generator window. Add the LG details and hit connect.
4. If the connection was not successful check the output window to see what error you got.

Let me know the outcome.

Regards,
Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

Hi @Shlomi Nissim

When I open wlrun.exe a pop up box appears with the heading New Scenario

Shall I close that box? If I do I get the interface named HPE LoadRunner Controller

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi @Pauld,

Please hit OK on that dialog to create a new scenario. Then click on the Load Generators icon on the Toolbar. Inside that Window you should type the Load Generator name/IP and click Connect button.

Regards,
Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

hI @Shlomi Nissim

Here is the output when it failed to connect. Thanks

Failed to connect to the agent.

Load Generator not responding after timeout
Command line that was executed:

-usr ..\dat\lr_trans_server.usr   -controllerhost "xxxxxxxxxxxxx" -bridge -monitor_parent -extra_ext time_diff_ext -no_exception  -eve_file_version 3 -drv_log_file_under_cntrl lr_bridge.log -working_lang 0 -es_unique_id 1 -extra_ext SummaryDataTransExt -trans_server_extra_ext SummaryDataTransExt -trs_online_mode 0 -trs_timer_duration 5  -out_communication 0 -extra_ext LrHostBalance -supply_netdir -extra_ext mft_server -keep_temp_dir -lnch_priority normal -no_popups -lnch_interactive  -lnch_registry_key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Mercury Interactive\LoadRunner\CurrentVersion\RuntimeEnvironment"  -product_name "LoadRunner" -lnch_dont_remove_until_notify -lnch_remote_port_for_parent 54345

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi @Pauld,

Thanks for the info.

Clearly the issue is on the Load Generator side. Please connect to it using RDP and ensure that LoadRunner agent service is running on it. You should look for magentservice.exe or magentproc.exe on the task manager. 

• If you see magentproc.exe it means someone configured the LoadRunner agent to run as a process on the LG. In such case you must always ensure the machine is logged on or switch the agent configuration to run as a service
  • If you see magentservice.exe I suggest restarting it from the services console. Look for LoadRunner agent or Performance Center agent
  • If you do not see any of them, please look for the service in the Windows services console and start it

Regards,
Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

Hi @Shlomi Nissim

Thanks for your reply

Our policy is to configure the LR agent to run as a process. We always have the machinbe logged on.

Under services I can only see Performance Center Analytics Servcie and also Performance Center Load Testing Service, both of which are running

I still cant ping this server from the controller or any other server. I can however ping other servers from this problem server.

Default port of 54345 is not being used by any other process

We have tried to run another test but once it gets to initialzing the test stops.

A reinstall of the software has not fixed the issue either

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi @Pauld,

1. Please open a support ticket. We will assist with it
2. You mentioned that LoadRunner agent is runinng as a process. Is magentproc.exe running on the Load Generator machine? Is this machine located over a firewall? Maybe you only have outgoing traffic from that server and in such case it should be configured in "over FW" mode.

I think it will be easier troubleshooting it in the context of a support ticket.

Regards,
Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

Spoiler

Hi @Shlomi Nissim

Thanks. Yes I opened a support ticket two days ago but havent heard anything back on my issue.

No, we dont use over FW mode for these systems

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Please keep me informed on the progress.

Regards,
Shlomi

Highlighted
Super Contributor..

Hi @

In the end up I just rebuilt the server and that fixed it

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.