Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

HTTP Status-Code 500 Error

Hi,

I have a recorded script which was working fine for sometime. However, when I tried to replay the script again today, it is giving me an error which is as follows -

Warning -26612: HTTP Status-Code=500 (Internal Server Error) for [Web_URL][MsgId: MWAR-26612]

I need to fix this error for a project deliverable. However, I am not able to do so and I am afraid, I may miss the deadline. Please help.
0 Likes
20 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: HTTP Status-Code 500 Error

Hi Sid,

Have you verified running the business process manually(on IE) with the same URL ?
Does it go through successfully ?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Yes, it does not causes nay trouble while traversing the flow manually through the applications. Can it be a script issue?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

check out u might have missed some correlation
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I think all the correlations are in place in the script. Still I ma getting these issues.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

For what request is the error popping ?
Is it at the very first request or during some later business process request.

You may want to run with extended logs and upload a screenshot for further troubleshooting.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,
check the application manually whenever you receive HTTP Status Code 500 error and if it is working properly then insert the function web_set_max_param_length("100000");
in the begining of init, action and vuser end. Its just a try. It may work.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

sid,

if ur application are working fine manually and when u run it through vugen and then u get the 500 error.....then there is 95% probability of either missed correlation or wrong correlation.....
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Has there been any change on the application side? Find out from the application team or try to record another script and compare.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Sorry I could not reply back earlier.

@Prasenjit - I have tried to verify whether I have missed any correlation in the script. However, the script looks fine with all the correlation in place. May be its a correlation related issue which I am not able to find.

@SPP_PC - The error is popping up for a web_custom_request which is repeated five times in the same script with a different EVENTTARGET each time. I tried running the extended logs but could not find anything specific or relevant to the error.

@Srinivas- Hi, I have checked the application manually. However, it does not throw any error during the manual flow. Moreover, tried your idea, but to no avail.

@Archanak - Hi, I have tried to record the particular flow in a separate script. However, that part is not throwing this error. But while I try to incorporate that newly recorded part in my existing script, I do get the same internal server error again. I am in a fix. Please help.

For your reference, the error that is getting reflected in the Test Results section for this internal server error is as follows -

"Invalid postback or callback argument. Event Validation is enabled using in configuration or <%@ Page EnableEventValidation=â trueâ %> in a page. For security purposes, this feature verifies that arguments to postback or callback events originate from the server control that originally rendered them. If the data is valid and expected, use the ClientScriptManager.RegisterForEventValidation method in order to register the postback or callback data for validation."
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

What is the protocol in use ?
Event validation seems to be related to Viewstate values.

Do you have Viewstate values correlated ?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

As mentioned by SPP, it looks like a ViewState issue. Most likely you are passing some wrong viewstate in a particular request.

Attach both the old & new scripts and replay logs, I can have a look
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.