Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Handling failures in VUGEN

Hello,

While I am running VUGEN scripts from BAC, I am experiencing occassional failures (like desired screen not available). The application is mainframe.

I have tried with all the wait functions but nothing is working. Actually, multiple scripts are running from BAC and these are using some common mainframe screens.

While the failures are occuring, I have checked the applications and found that the failure is not due to application issue, may be due to sync issues. So it is sending false alert.

So wondering if there is any way like in case of any failure after some steps, the script will abort the current iteration and start a next iteration. Is there anyway I can handle that in VUGEN. Or any other suggestions?

Thanks,
Arpan
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Handling failures in VUGEN

Check out your VUgen help for lr_exit.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

not of much help. Now I am handling it by setting dependency to run the scripts one after another. Any other solution will be highly appreciated.

Thanks..
Arpan
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Arpan,

What exactly is your question? You asked how to handle a failure where the "script will abort the current iteration and start a next iteration". The solution to that is to use some variant of lr_exit.

Are you actually asking how to handle the dependency issues in your BAC scripts? Because that answer will be totally dependent on the makeup of your scripts.

Any clarification would be helpful.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.