Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Help me to learn oracle protocol in LR

Hi All,
I am a fresher to LR and I ve worked with the scripts in HTTP\HTML protocol. Now for my project req, I ve to learn oracle protocol ASAP.

I ve no idea of where to start, which application to record.. Plz help me to learn the protocol.

Plz provide an example application to record in ODBC protocol that should use LRD functions..

Thanks in advance...:)
0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Help me to learn oracle protocol in LR

you can use protocol advisor features from vugen to identified the protocol..

Regarding information u can used help files from vugen,pdf..it will give u better idea..

If any issues/problems u are facing pls put it over here

Thanks
Cheers!

Nvr Blame a day in ur life....... Good day gives "happiness" & Bad day gives "experience" ......
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hi Keerthana,

The toughest job is to get a hands on application recording & troubleshooting. There is no internet based open applications I a aware. I treed hard similarly for Oracle NCA, but couldn't learn anything until I get a live app apart from reading documents.

For better reading, I suggest the following.

1. VuGen User Guide (http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM998582)
2. VuGen Functional Reference Guide
3. Real time issues & suggestions provided on ITRC forums.

I will update if I found any additional resources.

Thanks,
Raj

Regards,
Raj

Like this Post? Click Kudos! to show appreciation.
Is your issue addressed? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" against the post which helped you the most.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Raj,
Thanks for your suggestion. But it ll be helpful if u could suggest me an application to record under ODBC protcol or some other which ll use LRD functions.

Consider that I ve selected ODBC protocol. Plz check the snapshot that I ve attached and help me with a solution. I want the input entries in the snapshot.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Parkar,

Where can I see the protocol advisor in vugen?

Also I ve been searching for a good source that can help me with this issue. I found the site - http://sqa.fyicenter.com//LoadRunner_VuserScripts/, very helpful.

I want a sample application that can be recorded in LR and in which I can use LRD functions.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

LR 9.5 have the protocol advoisor functionality in which u can analyse what is communication protocol use between client and server.

what we need is the application layer protocol in the OSI model (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OSI_model) that the GUI client uses to talk to the server.

regarding the learning the basic script when u installed there is demo application also..i am not recollecting the name but you can get the features and try the different functionalities.

Also if you want more drill take any banking application in which you are having the account and try to record fund transafer etc..you will get most dynamic values in which you can collrelate all that(eg.icici bank etc)

Thanks
Cheers!

Nvr Blame a day in ur life....... Good day gives "happiness" & Bad day gives "experience" ......
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hi Keerthana,

The site what you mentioned is just a copy paste info of what HP provided in VuGen User Guide.

Coming to the default application, this is not a oracle app & recording on it will be of no use. You need to find a real time app that you can use.

-Raj

Regards,
Raj

Like this Post? Click Kudos! to show appreciation.
Is your issue addressed? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" against the post which helped you the most.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.