Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

How can I calculate expected ideal step download time for below activity?

Hi All,

I have one page with total 6 fields for email addresses. First field will be from email address from which we will send email for remaining email address (i.e To email address).

For better understanding, please find below details.

From email address :____________________

To email address:_____________________

Submit

Now, whenever, I click on submit after filled up all fields, it will send email to all To addresses.

What would be ideal response time of server(approx.), if I click on submit with 50/100 users at a same time.

I know, it is depends on server configuration, but though I need some ideal time, so I can set this as step download time in to loadrunner.

Let me know, if you need any further explanation for above scenario.

Awaiting for your reply.

Regards,
Vishal Shah
www.qagenius.com
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: How can I calculate expected ideal step download time for below activity?

Hi Vishal,

You can create a transaction point to measure the transaction response time to find out the response time for your scenario. YOu dont need to alter the step download time out time where it refers to the timeout when the server doesnt responds within the specified time frame. You can alter it if you want to receive the timeout errors when the server fails to respond with in the specified time.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Altering the step download time and testing your scenario under load is not a best practice at all. I suggest you to go with a transaction point.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

This could be tricky...
The best way to work it out is a run in linear approach.
Identify what is the response time for a single user.
Accordingly run tests for 5,10,15.... users
This would give you a guage of the approximate time to abort the script.

Eg:
A simple search may take 5secs on less volume of data while a document upload to the server may take longer time.

The SLA's are ideally defined by the client so roughly you could work with the number mentioned.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.