Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

How can I distribute 1000 Unique Usernames and Passwords file to each Vuser Group?

Jump to solution
Hi,

If a Script uses Unique file Parametrization, running more than One Vuser Group with that script in the same scenario may cause unexpected scenario results.

Lets take the below Scenario,
Vusers: 1000
LG(S): 5
No Of Vusers per LG is: 200 Vusers(i.e. Gropp1 :200 Vusers , Group2: 200 Vusers … Group 5: 200 Vusers)
Scenario: Login
Method: Unique & Once
File: Unique Usernames & Password file (1000 Vusers)

MY question is how can I distribute 1000 Unique Usernames and Passwords file to each Vuser Group?

What I mean Gruop1 should read first 200 username and passwords and Group 2 should read from 201 to 400 so...on.

How do I make sure each Group is taking unique values?

Could someone please advise me on the above!

Thanks,
Raj
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: How can I distribute 1000 Unique Usernames and Passwords file to each Vuser Group?

Jump to solution
Hi Raj,

The number of LG machines, do not define the number of groups.

A group is a set of Vusers, that have shared or similar characteristics. Most of the time, you will have a single group for a single script (I believe you too have a single script).

See the Controller Guide on "Creating Manual Scenarios" for further explanation.

So, I believe you do not have to worry about the multiple groups.

If in case you do have multiple groups "SHARING a COMMON parameter file", I would recommend that you separate out the parameter files (5 files with 200 unique values each) for each group.

Hope this clarifies your doubt.

Archana

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: How can I distribute 1000 Unique Usernames and Passwords file to each Vuser Group?

Jump to solution
Try this,
Under Parameter list.

Select next row : Unique
Update value on : Each iteration
allocate "x" values for each user

Now consider your parameter file to contain 50 values and you want to 5 users with unique values. Set the value of "x" to 10

Click on simulate parameter,set the desired iterations to 10.
click Simulate to see scneario run mode.
This should help you resolve some concerns.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Jump to solution
Hi SPP,

I forgot to mention,Iteration is only One.

No Of Vusers per LG is: 200 Vusers(i.e. Gropp1 :200 Vusers , Group2: 200 Vusers â ¦ Group 5: 200 Vusers)
Iteration : 1

What I am trying to say is ,
Group 1 should read first 200 usernames and passwords and Group 2 should read from 201 to 400 so...on from the file(which has Unique 1000 usernames & passwords).

Thanks,
Raj
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Hi Raj,

The number of LG machines, do not define the number of groups.

A group is a set of Vusers, that have shared or similar characteristics. Most of the time, you will have a single group for a single script (I believe you too have a single script).

See the Controller Guide on "Creating Manual Scenarios" for further explanation.

So, I believe you do not have to worry about the multiple groups.

If in case you do have multiple groups "SHARING a COMMON parameter file", I would recommend that you separate out the parameter files (5 files with 200 unique values each) for each group.

Hope this clarifies your doubt.

Archana

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Just to add to that, you can assign multiple LGs to 1 single group
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Hi Raj,

Your scneario comes into consideration only when you are accessing the same parameter file for 5 different scripts and no difference if you are selecting 5 LGs. The script automatically allocates the parameter data to the specified number of users. Note: Dont go with Unique & Once. Go with Unique Each Iteration though you are running for one iteration. For your reference go to the Parameter wizard, Click Simulate Parameter and provide the no. of vusers as 1000 and iterations as 1 and see how the data is distributed among the vusers.
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Lets first understand your requirement.
1. Are you running a loadtest with 1000 users and loading all 1000 at once ?

2. What is exactly meant by group1 , vuser group ? are you loading the script in controller for 5 times for 5 generators ?
Eg : script 1 for 200 users on LG1 then script 1 for 200 users on LG2 and so on ?

With unique and once you cannot set an option for allocate "x" values for a user.
It will automatically read the next available unique value.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Jump to solution
Hi Archana & Srinivas,

I agree with you.

Thanks a lot to Archana & Srinivas!

Thanks,
Raj
0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Jump to solution
Hi Archana,

let's make the query little bit clear.

Lets take the below Scenario,

No Of Vusers per LG is: 200 Vusers
Iteration: 1
Group_1 : Login Script

Data file(Username&Password) should share on 5 LG(s)

How do I make sure Each LG takes unique username & password?
i.e LG(1) : 200 vusers( unique username & password)
LG(2) : 200 vusers( unique username & password)
so ..on up to LG(5).

LG(2) Vusers should not repeat with the LG(1) usernames and passwords and LG(3) Vusers should not repeat with the LG(1) usernames and passwords so..on up to LG(5).

Bascially LG(2) should take usernames and passwrods from 201 to 400 like that up to LG(5).

Thanks,
Raj
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

just create a seperate 5 script with different user ID and assinged as unique once.

still not understanding the relationship between LG and groups

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.