Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

How can I see logs when running scripts from controller?

When I am recording in Vugen, I log in. go to a search page. default search value, for example , is 5. I search for value, lets say 7.

Now, I record 5 script for 5 different users. They go to the same search page. Each one search for a different value.

When I run this 5 scripts from controller, I need to find out what is the default value, before I search for a different value.

I know I can capture the value using QTP, but how to do it from LR?
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: How can I see logs when running scripts from controller?

You need to add a correlation statement into the script before you request the search page that will capture the value from the server response.

Then add a function or maybe a case statement that will change the subsequent search request based on the results of the correlation.

You'll need to add more details if you want a more specific solution.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: How can I see logs when running scripts from controller?

Zaman,

In Controller in RUN mode

Double click the Group under 'Scenario Groups' section 'Vusers' pop up window will open.Select Vuser ID, click on Show vuser log button, log for that vuser will open.

For this you need to select 'Enable logging' radio button for that script in runtime settings under Log option.

Thanks
Ravi
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.