Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

How do I configure the scenario

I don't have enough in depth experience about configuring scenario. Is there is any documentaion or websites to do this ?

For eg I got a loadrunner request and they are expecting a 40 sec transaction time for maximum of 20 users. How can I configure in my controller? how do I know whether I need to use one load gen or multiple load gens? How much time should I run test? What are the graphs which I need to look into it and how can I read them ?

Biggest question is how the loadrunner generates a load where 20 users interacting application at same time or other wise one after another?

Really appreciate either directing me a document or website or some one can explain here.

Thanks in advance
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: How do I configure the scenario

Srini,

1) First place transaction points (lr_start_transaction() and lr_end_transaction() for the page you are measuring.

2) One LoadGenerator is good in your case becasue you are testing with only 20 users.

3) Run for 1 hr, check transaction times.

4) Check Transaction respose time graphs.

5) If you use RANDOM think time and if you ramp up users at different interval, 20 users will accessing different pages.
if you use fixed think time and if you ramp up all at a time then all users will access same page at a time.

Feel free to ask any question here.

Thanks
Ravi Allam
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.