Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

How do I found CPU usage & Memory for the SQL Server 2008 Database using SiteScope

Hi Guys,

I am new to SiteScope.

I would like to monitor is Microsoft SQL Server 2008.

How do I found  CPU usage & Memory for the SQL Database using SiteScope via Database Counter Monitor?

When I looked in the Database Counters ,I didn't see any CPU & Memory usage metrics(SiteScope).

Am I using right Monitor?

Please guide me and let me know the steps.

Thanks in advance!

-Raj

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: How do I found CPU usage & Memory for the SQL Server 2008 Database using SiteScope

You may want to check on the SiteScope forums for more details, we work directly with LoadRunner and Peformance Center.

HP LR/PC Support

If you are customer you can try posting on our internal forums for more personalized support.

LoadRunner:
http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/LoadRunner-Support-Customer/bd-p/loadrunner-support-customer-forum

Performance Center:
http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Performance-Center-Support/bd-p/performance-center-support-customer

How to:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ChlysWupWM

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: How do I found CPU usage & Memory for the SQL Server 2008 Database using SiteScope

Raj,

The database monitor type will only pull data from the DB software directly and will not be able to get CPU, Memory, or Disk information.

Depending on what type of hardware you are using you need to set up either a Windows Resource monitor (if your DB software is running on Windows OS) or Unix Resource Monitor (If your DB software is running on Unix or Linux)

The specifics for how to set up the monitor can be found  in the SiteScope documentation or should be directed to the SiteScope forums but in general you need to have a UserID and Password for that system, For Windows based monitor that UserID must have access to the Performance Monitoring Group and the PerfMon services must be running on the server you want to monitor.  For Unix\Linux based monitor the UserID must have SSH or Telnet permissions.  Once you have this, you can create a new monitor, point to the server you want to monitor and select the individual items you want to monitor (like CPU, Memory, Disk and many many more)

Hope this helps.

Craig Drummond

0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

i would use the Windows Resource Monitor for this task. Here you can very easy configure a monitor for CPU and Memory you have only to select Process as Object.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.