Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

How to Install and setup the Load Generator Machine (for Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard).

Jump to solution

Hi Guys,

Please kindly  provide me the necessary steps how to  Install and setup Load Generator Machine.

Before I got on to the board, One LG machine is setup,and now I have to setup Two more Load Generator Machine  (for Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard).

I have no idea how to do that, and  the person wo did eariler not anymore working in the corp.

Please Please advise me !

Thanks,

Rajani

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: How to Install and setup the Load Generator Machine (for Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard).

Jump to solution

Raj,

1 - On each computer you need to install SetupLoadGenerator.exe

2 - On each computer you need to install the patch that matches the Performance Center Servers (or LoadRunner)

If you are using LoadRunner then you are done, you can start using the Load Generator

If you are using Performance Center you must add the generator to lab management

That is all that is required.

Craig

View solution in original post

0 Likes
11 Replies
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Re: How to Install and setup the Load Generator Machine (for Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard).

Jump to solution

If you have installer it's pretty straight process. You just need to click on Next and Next it will be setup.

Next step would be to add it in Performance Center if you are using Performance Center.

Ensure the system where you are installing LG is in same network where PC is installed. Its same for LoadController.

Let me know if this helps or you need further help.

Thank you.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Don't forget after the base install you must also install the patches to match your LoadRunner\Performance Center servers.  If you are using Performance Center you should install the patches before you add the load generator to the list of available generators.

Craig D

0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Jump to solution

Hi Craig,

I have to Setup & Install 3 more LG's for Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard

I never done this before.

\\xxx\xxxxxl\Software\HP\LoadRunner 11\Windows\Additional Components\Standalone Applications  has the following compontents

a)SetupAnalysis.exe

b)SetupLoadGenerator.exe

c)SetupMIListener.exe

d)SetupMOFW.exe

e)SetupVuGen.exe

What my understanding is I have to Install   b)SetupLoadGenerator.exe , besides this do I need to install any other components on the LG machine such as  c)SetupMIListner.exe.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Raj,

You would never install the MIListener on a stand alone generator.  While it is possible that you would want to install VuGen or Analysis on the same computer as a stand alone generator it is uncommon.

If you are installing the stand alone generator for use with Performance Center then you need to know the Performance Center Servers.  When you are finished with the SetupLoadGenerator.exe you need to install the appropriate patch to match your Performance Center servers.

After the base and patch are installed you can then add the load generator to Lab Management for use with PC projects but make sure that you are selecting stand alone load generator as the type because you will get an error trying to add it as a host.

Craig

0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Jump to solution

Hi Craig,

Thanks for the quick response!

I am sooo.. confused.

Could you please elobrate more in detail (Step by Step)

As I mentioned in earlier .

Software is  at the loacation \\xxx\xxxl\Software\HP\LoadRunner 11\Windows\Additional Components\Standalone Applications.

Here there is no CD.

If I want to set up 3 more LG's what should I do?

If I select and install SetupLoadGenerator. exe  and top of that  11.04 patch is enough  for the Windows Server 2008 machine?

On the existing LG has 11.04 patch

Correct me If I am wrong.

Thanks,

Raj

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Raj,

1 - On each computer you need to install SetupLoadGenerator.exe

2 - On each computer you need to install the patch that matches the Performance Center Servers (or LoadRunner)

If you are using LoadRunner then you are done, you can start using the Load Generator

If you are using Performance Center you must add the generator to lab management

That is all that is required.

Craig

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Jump to solution

Awesome Thanks a lot Craig!

I am using Load Runner  not Perforamce Center.

I have to Install only the following  2

1 - On each computer I need to install SetupLoadGenerator.exe

2 - On each computer I need to install the patch that matches the Load Runner.

One more request.

Can I have the link for the Patch 04 of LG?

Thanks,

Raj

0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Jump to solution

Hi Craig,

Do I need to install  2 & 3 Patches on top of Patch 4 ?

If possible please provide the Patchs link?

Thanks a lot!

Thanks,

Raj

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Patches can be downlaoded from the HP Software Support site.  

You do not need to install multiple patches, you just install the patch that corresponds to your controller version.  For a controller is LoadRunner 11 with patch 4 then you need to install  patch 4 for Stand Alone Load Generator.  

The link is: http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM1338145

You will need to have an active support contract to be able to download the patch.

I hope this answers your questions,

Craig

0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Jump to solution

Got it!

Yes, I have the SAID #.

Thanks a  lot Craig!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Jump to solution
Is Performance center needed? if i run with controller will get proper results from Analysis?
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.