Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

How to Use Loadrunner On Unix Environment?

Hello,
Thank for going through my question.

I was wondering if any one could explain in brief, how to use Loadrunner on Unix environment?
How to create scripts and how to use controller?
Is there any doc which has detailed explanation of generating VUgen scripts on Unix environment and their usage?

Thank you.
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: How to Use Loadrunner On Unix Environment?

What kind of application? Web?

Your admin console and controller have to reside on windows boxes. You can use load generators on unix machines but only for certain protocols.

1) What is your LoadRunner configuration?

2) What is your application under test configuration on Unix?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

VUGen can be installed only on Windows machine.

You can configure Unix box to use only as Load Generator.

Please refer below link for supported environment.

https://h10078.www1.hp.com/cda/hpms/display/main/hpms_content.jsp?zn=bto&cp=1-11-126-17%5e9753_4000_100__
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thank you for the response.

I am asking this question in general. I wanted to learn all about Loadrunner when there are Unix machines. As you said, everything will be installed on windows machine but the script can be run from the unix machine. So how to run the scripts from the unix machine and wht all the conditions i have to check or wht is the process of running LR scripts from unix machine?

Is there any paper or notes on HP so hat i could refer?

Thank you again.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.