Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

How to calculate correct value when allocating values for each Vuser

Hi,

I have 5 Scenario-script which runs in LR Controller, each with different settings and datafiles. Max Vusers is 336 for the whole scenario, but for this script it is 114 vuser and each value in the datafile is unique.

This script use the data file which consist of 400 000 numbers, and when I try to calculate this value and use this when running the controller, it runs out of values before ending the ramp-up. I got the message: Insufficient records for parameter "FNR" in table to provide the VUsers with unique data.

I have tried several values of 1109 (for max Vusers of 336, 3509 (for max vuser of 114) but I then also got the same error-message before the "ramp-up" is finished. I also tried to Automatically allocate block size without any help.

At least I tried the value 800, and this value seem to work nearly ok, but it stopped after 44 hours and the test should run for 72 hour.

I would appreciate if you could please explain how this value for Allocating Vusers are supposed to be calculated and special when set to run for 72 hours.

Br,
Else H.
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: How to calculate correct value when allocating values for each Vuser

What are the properties of your data set?

There's a dropdown box that says something along the lines of "When out of Values"

The easiest answer is get more data. It's probably best to figure out what your data requirements are, and how your test is configured to use that data.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: How to calculate correct value when allocating values for each Vuser

Hi,

Attached is the parameter listing settings.

As I am using 400 000 unique values in the datafile, this is the reason for that it is big and because I want it to last for 72 hours without running out of values.

The "When Out of Values is set to" - Abort User, and the reason is because the unique values cannot be cycled. As explained before I have tried the calculated value 400 000/ 114 = 3509 and it runs out of value before ramp-up is finished. And using Values of 800 pr. Vuser the scenario will stop after 44 hour, but at least this works, but then I'll miss the 28 hours for this test.

The scenario is Manual, not Goal oriented and all the 5 scenarios use 3 load generators.

Hope there is a solution for this case.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.