Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

How to capture Dynamic ID in web custom request

I am using LR 9.5 to record a website with lots of AJAX. Due to license issue we have to stick with HTTP/HTML protocol.

I am trying to capture this dynamic ID that appears in a web custom request.

I cant find it in any server response, but on the same request.

Any help on how to capture this bad guy???

Thankyou for help.
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: How to capture Dynamic ID in web custom request

I may not comment without looking into the script. At least how that dynamic value is getting generated or originated.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

This is what's causing the custom request which contains dynamic ID.

I am clicking on a button on a popup window which is generating this ID and sending it to the parent window and closing itself.

It seems like javascript is creating this ID and rendering it to parent window.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

We cannot evaluate java script activities in Web http protocol. You need to used Click & Script or understand how the dynamic value is getting generated in java script and implement the same in LR.

Regards,
Madan
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.