Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

How to click on the first row of the results table during replay of Load runner script.

Hi,

I have recorded a load script which performs a search criteria for the given name ex: David , and once the results obtains clicks on the fist record ex : DAVID MER and opens his details.

Now I need to code, clicking the record at run time, since every time the results defer and gives different names.

So is there any sample code which will perform selection of the first row of the table records in the dyanmic page results?

thanks for the response.
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Did you meant to post this question to the QTP forums?
Or maybe you recorded with one of the click and script protocols. I don't have much experience with Click and script scripts, but if that's the case, I can give you some points that might help you solve the issue.

Since you are dealing with dynamic value coming from the server, you can always use the web_reg_save_param for this( independently of the protocol used); this will capture the first or all mathing values based on the set LB and RB.

Once you capture the dynamic value you want with this funtion, substitute it with the hard-coded value.

hope that helped

thanks

~Hector
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.