Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

How to connect PI5.41 to oracle on dedicated server by disconnecting sybase installed locally.

HI,

I have two PI server working on windows2003. Both are polling seperately  and having sybase database installed on each server. Just to avoid double polling it has been suggested to connect oracle database available on dedicated server.

As per oracle installation for windows PDF, PI installtion should be done after oracle installation.

But in this case PI5.41 is already running with sybase and I want to connect PI with oracle by disconnecting sybase database.

Can anybody help me out how to go ahead as I dont have much info regarding the same. Also dont know where to make changes in current PI config.

Also let me know which parameters need to consider to connect oracle to PI.

**I dont want to shift sybase database to oracle but it would be  a fresh collection of data in oracle database.

with regards,

Nick

Tags (1)
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.