Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

How to convert BodyBinary request in Binary format to xml format in AMF Protocol of vugen 9.5

Jump to solution
Hi,

I am using vugen 9.5.
I am recording an application using AMF Protocol.
The requests are getting recorded in Binary format. I wanted to know is there way I can convert the binary requests to xml format?

Thanks
Mukesh
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: How to convert BodyBinary request in Binary format to xml format in AMF Protocol of vugen 9.5

Jump to solution
Use Flex protocol and add the required server parser jar files.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: How to convert BodyBinary request in Binary format to xml format in AMF Protocol of vugen 9.5

Jump to solution
Use Flex protocol and add the required server parser jar files.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
What is the difference between the two protocols, the actually the application we are testing is developed using adobe air. After discussions with developers they informed us that the application is using AMF protocol for communication.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution
Hi Mukesh,

AMF Protocol & Flex (It is actually Flex AMF Protocol) protocol are completely same in the backend functionality.

AMF is a communication protocol which sends the data in binary format in the network layer. So the base AMF protcol is designed for such communication & it can work with any front end client (Adobe AIR or Flash or any other front end) communicating to a remote server through AMF.

Where as VuGen Flex Protocol is emulating user actions (Action scripts) on any front end (Adobe Flash). So by using this you will have more control over the front end script replay than the simple AMF protocol.

Hope this clears your doubt. Let me know if you any further questions.

-Raj

Regards,
Raj

Like this Post? Click Kudos! to show appreciation.
Is your issue addressed? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" against the post which helped you the most.
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution
So I suppose, by using Flex protocol & parsing the jar files, your issue of binary format data should be resolved in the VuGen calls. If you have any issues even after that, let us know.

Thanks,
Raj

Regards,
Raj

Like this Post? Click Kudos! to show appreciation.
Is your issue addressed? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" against the post which helped you the most.
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
hi Mukesh339,

You have another option to reformat you binary format under body binary line to normal readable line.

try this site http://www.jds.net.au/tools/reformat/

else , as he said try to use the Flex protocol and ask your developer to send the JAR file and upload the same in the run time settings.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.