Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

How to deal with “Warning: did not reply to property – 402” warning message

HI All,

I am currently recoding the script in the Oracle _NCA Protocal and while executing my script i was facing issues  with error message:

Action.c(68): Server Message Properties: action=4  handlerClassId=0x10F  handlerId=28

Action.c(68):    property=402 type=0x4000 value="Enabled"

Action.c(68): Warning: did not reply to property - 402.

Can any one please advise me on this,

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
7 Replies
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: How to deal with “Warning: did not reply to property – 402” warning message

Use the function nca_java_set_reply_property( ); to reply to the Java object.

i.    Replay the script with extended logging and look for the first occurrence of the error (Warning: did not reply to property – 402) in the execution log.  Above the error you will see the server request.

Action.c(68): Server Message Properties: action=4  handlerClassId=0x10F  handlerId=28

Action.c(68):                property=402 type=0x4000 value="MercuryEnabled"

Action.c(68): Warning: did not reply to property - 402

ii.   Go to the script directory and open the file nca_record.log (for LR 7.6 and above) or record.log (for LR 7.51 SP1 and below).

a.   Look for the first occurrence of the entire server request.  In this example the search string is:

Server Message Properties: action=4  handlerClassId=0x10F  handlerId=28

In the recording log you see the following:

property=402 type=0x4000 value=" MercuryEnabled "

Server Terminate Message:  #5

Below this in the recording log you should see the Client response.

Client Message Properties: action=4  handlerClassId=0x10F  handlerId=28

property=402 type=0x4000 value="TRUE"

Client Terminate Message:  #6

b.   Search for the next occurrence of the same server request in the recording log.  Below is the next occurrence:

property=402 type=0x4000 value="message"

Server Terminate Message:  #7

Below this in the recording log you should see the Client response.

Client Message Properties: action=4  handlerClassId=0x10F  handlerId=28

property=402 type=0x4000 value="Unknown property: BACKGROUND"

Client Terminate Message:  #8

c.   Search for all the occurrences of the server request from the recording log and note the value of the server request and client response.  If you see the same request and response you only need to note it once.

d.   Search in the recording log for the first occurrence of the handlerId.  In this example it’s handlerId=28.  Note the value of property=129 because this is the object name and is needed.

Server Message Properties: action=1  handlerClassId=0x10F  handlerId=28

property=134 type=0x7000 value=18

property=135 type=0xA000 value=Point [x=0,y=0]

property=137 type=0xA000 value=Point [x=0,y=0]

property=129 type=0x4000 value="CONTROL_MERCURY_CLIENT_0"

property=397 type=0x4000 value="MERCURYClientBean"

1. Declare the value of the nca_java_set_reply_property function.

Declare the value of the function in the following convention:

Char *<variable>[][] = {

{“<object name of handlerId>”, “<server request value>”, “<client response value>”},

{“<object name of handlerId>”, “<server request value>”, “<client response value>”},

{“<object name of handlerId>”, "", ""}};

char * JavaProp[][] = {{"CONTROL_MERCURY_CLIENT_0", " MercuryEnabled ", "TRUE"},

{" CONTROL_MERCURY_CLIENT_0", "message", "Unknown property: BACKGROUND"}};

1. Insert the the nca_java_set_reply_property function into the script above the nca_connect_server statement.

nca_java_set_reply_property(JavaProp);

nca_connect_server(…);

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello

Thank you for your responses tried your suggestions it is not resolved the issue. I suprise to see more error are getting generated while below suggestion are implemented.Please let me know what way i can resolve the issues.Below error are getting displayed

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Action.c(763): Error: lrdo_ora8_exec: "OCIStmtExecute" return-code=OCI_ERROR, error-code=04063:

Action.c(763): Error:     ORA-04063: package body "RIMSOUTH.ORACLE_C" has errors

ORA-06508: PL/SQL: could not find program unit being called: "RIMSOUTH.ORACLE_C"

ORA-06512: at line 1

Action.c(763): ora8_exec: ERROR, return-code=LRDE2009.  0 row(s) processed

Action.c(786): Error: Parameter 'Saved_pi_op_id': Parameter is not initialized.

Action.c(786): Warning: The string 'Saved_pi_op_id' with parameter delimiters is not a parameter.

Action.c(786): lrd_assign: ERROR, return-code=LRDE2023

Action.c(819): Error: lrdo_ora8_exec: "OCIStmtExecute" return-code=OCI_ERROR, error-code=01459:

Action.c(819): Error:     ORA-01459: invalid length for variable character string

Action.c(819): ora8_exec: ERROR, return-code=LRDE2009.  0 row(s) processed

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks

Satish

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Search the self-solve knowlege base for NCA and you will find a couple of HowTo papers on fixing this problem. There are specific instructions on how to work through this along with other things to do to get an Oracle NCA script working. It is a difficult protocol to use. Also search this forum for other threads.

If you cannot find the Howto's follow up here and I can give you a link to them.

Good luck,

Alan

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Alan,

Can you please let me know the in other direction to get resolve the above and i could findout the solution.Please let me what is next step i can go forward to resolve it.

Thanks in Advance

Satish

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

The steps that LoadTest712 gave you are right out of the tips and tricks howto. You need to follow those steps for each 402 to fix them. It is not easy and it is monotonous. I suggest that if you still have problems that you open a support ticket with HP.

Just in case I attached the howto.

Alan

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Satish,

Attached is a sample script for an Oracle_NCA login. It has examples of code that I added to fix the 402 errors. The script is commented fairly well so you should be able to get the jist.

Alan

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Alan,

Thanks for your reply.. i am looking into the below script and undestanding the flow and i let you know if still facing the issues.

Thanks

Satish

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.