New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE
Highlighted

How to establish the cause of termination of a test through the REST API?

Hello, folks.

I'm in the process of automating our testing cycle. I would like to implement different (post-run) handling when any test is aborted by a user; it's this scenario that I need to sense.

My tool is currently calling this API every minute, looking for a set of values returned in the RunState field, to sense the end of a test. It works.

What I've just noticed is that the returned JSON object (in my case) also includes a RunSLAStatus field, which is shown in the example on the above page, but isn't documented elsewhere (well, that I can see). I'd have thought it'd be described in this page , but, no.

In the environment I'm working in (incredibly, absent a system to test, for at least another week), my tool currently only captures:

"RunSLAStatus": "Not Completed"

which is the same in the example mentioned above. The thing is, I don't know what other values might appear here, and if this one is actually a reliable indicator of the situation for which I'm looking.

I would truly appreciate assistance here.

0 Likes
0 Replies
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.