Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

How to integrate sitescope into loadrunner?

Hi,

to have some monitoring informations in our loadrunner reports I want to integrate sitescope into loadrunner. I tried different things, but nothing works.
I did the following:

change the xmlmonitorsshared.ini to:
[SiteScope]
;ExtensionDll=SiteScopeMonExt.dll
MetricDataURL=SiteScope/cgi/go.exe/SiteScope?page=topaz&account=login1
MetricListURL=SiteScope/cgi/go.exe/SiteScope?page=topaz&account=login1
DefaultPort=8080
DlgTitle=SiteScope Monitor
RefreshMetricList=1
EnableAccount=1
QueryLoginInfo=1

The monitors are working fine in sitescope!

add monitor server machines in loadrunner:
--> add
ressource measurements on : --> add
enter login information --> ok

Error Details:
Parsing error.
Details: host , port 8080, line: 7.
Reason: Ein erforderliches Leerzeichen fehlte.
Contents:

Login - SiteScope
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;charset=utf-8" />

... [MsgId: MMSG-47587]

So there is no possibility to get measured components or the performance counters.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Best regards
René Stephan
0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Yes, this can sometimes be a pain.

Follow these instructions step by step to ensure that the data is actually available:

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks for your helpful reply.

I've only changed the account-number, now it works.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

i am facing the saame issue in getting controller 9.1 and SS 9.0 integrated. I follwed the process attached in this thread but i am getting statos 401 error. Also 1 thing i noticed is that when i am trying to add measurements there is no form comng up where i can provide the sitescope details like SS server, id , password, port etc. It is just asking the monitored server ip and type. Can some please help me identifying the issue. I was wodering if it is related to licensing.

-Anjeneya
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks James L. for the document. The key problem I have is this sentence "(note that Topaz requires a user index rather than a user name to view XML data)". What is the user index and where is it used. Also what type of user needed? I received a read-only username/pw from the sitescope admin but I keep getting prompted for a user name and password.

So does this mean "=login1" changes to "=loginx" where x is some index of the username? or the prompt for username and password requires a special username?

A behavior I noticed is the "http://host:8888/SiteScope/cgi/go.exe/SiteScope?page=topaz" will work only in the same browser window after I log into the normal sitescope portal at http://host:8080..." . otherwise a browser page will display a login page which the readonly ID does not work. This is also the parse error in LR about HEAD date doesn't match META. (because of the redirect).

Somewhere I noticed the user ID needs to be a topaz admin. This is also my be the issue. Need to bug the Sitescope admin to determine this.

FYI Below
For sitescope the standard 8080 port for web is true. But port 8888 still works for the topaz cgi. Check the firewall rules. Check the if TMS console connect is not disabled. 8888 seems to be the CGI server while 8080 is using another technology.

Check the whole URL/port (from the word doc) in a browser. It needs to return an XML. Before using sitescope in LR.

The parsing error with blank space seems to forcing a wrong URL port combination.

Unlike other mentions solutions the install of sitescope is fixed and I cannot install without a password. These solutions are like installing a windows share open to all.
"Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP"
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

So far this seems to work if you use the first user ID created. The sitescope admin have identical permissions but only his account ID worked. This user index thing is key.
"Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP"
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Guys,

I have got an alternate solution to this issue. First check whether your controller machine using static ip address or dynamic ip address. If it's dynamic, obviously you can't get the sitescope measurements. So need to have an static ip address. In my case, it worked fine with static ip address.

Thanks,
Raj
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.