Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

How to provide the Load Generator Path on Scenerio Window

Hi,

One of our offshore company have a licensed version of Mercury LoadRunner 8.1. They have installed all the components (including Load Generator, Controller, Analysis & Vugen) on a Microsoft Windows 2003 Server(onsite), and have asked us to install the Vugen in our local machines(here in offsite).

All our (onsite & offsite) systems are connected under same network. I've created all the Vuser Scripts in my local machine and to connect it to the server machine to generate the load. In create scenario window, I provided the No. of virtual users and on Load Generator box i provided the IP address of the server where the Load Generator/Controller has been installed. When i tired to connect nothing happened, the connection was not established.

Please let me know the exact process of getting connected to the Load Generator Machine.

It would be great if you could also answer the below queries,

1) What is the path that I need to specify on Load Generator textbox displayed on create scenario window?
2) Do i have to keep the Controller component open in the server machine, before establishing the connection Vugen machine?

Look forward for your favorable response.

Thanks & Regards,

Rajkumar Paramasivan
0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: How to provide the Load Generator Path on Scenerio Window

You have created the scripts using Vugen.
Now copy all those scripts to the controller machine(wherever it is).
create the scenario in the controller.
mention the LG's.
Run the test.
You need not mention anything on the textbox displayed on create scenario window

Let me know if you need any help.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

Thank you very much for your reply.

Is this the way we need to do it, our Load Generator machine is placed on-site & I am creating the scripts here on off-site.

As per my understanding, after creating the scripts i need to save those scripts to the server machine where the Load Generator is installed and run the controller.

BTW what do you mean by mention Load Generator's?

Sorry if my question is stupid, because i am new to Load Runner. Is Load Generator machine & controller Machine different?

Thanks & Regards,
Rajkumar P
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

After creating the scripts you need to save those scripts to the server machine where the CONTROLLER is installed and run the tests.
When you are configuring the scenario you need to do this
1.Install LG on different machine(s)
2.Connect them to your controller machine
3.Select the LG's in the scenario
run the test
Yes the Load Generator and Load Controller are two different components which must be installed in two different machines.
Never use the Controller machine as an LG as it already has a lot of things to do while you are running the test
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thank you so much.

I'll write to you if i've any issues in adding the LG machines on controller.

Thanks,
Rajkumar P
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Add some points if this helped you
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.