Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

How to record PDF or excel download with loadrunner 9.52.

Hi,
After working with so many protocols in loadrunner I am stuck in 1 of our req and any urgent reply will be very much appreciatable.

* how do we record the excel or PDF download in loadrunner and which protocol???

* This is server side activity so I want to measure how much time does the server takes to transfer the data to the client...

* I mean we have an app and when we click suppose generate PDF ...the request goes to teh server and response varies that we observe manually..

Is it possible with loadrunner and if possible do we have to customize our script or write the script manuaaly......
Please help

Thanks,
Aditya
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: How to record PDF or excel download with loadrunner 9.52.

Aditya,

PDF download can be recorded using WEB protocol itself.
However, you would not be able to verify it with your run-time viewer. Instead, you can use logs.
You can very well measure the download size & download time using web_get_int_property.
eg:
web_get_int_property(HTTP_INFO_DOWNLOAD_SIZE)

-- Hope this helps.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks very much this has resolved my problem....
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Assign points if it helped.. also, you can close the thread..
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi

LR does not create a web url () for pdf download call, where does the web_get_int_property() be defined.

It simply does not record the web url request , I am not sure if the web_get_int_property is actually returning the html page size or the pdf size

Is there a way to get LR to record the request to download a pdf file.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.