Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

How to reduce the number of concurrent users

As the license is getting expired, the number of concurrent users need to be reduced from 130 to 30.

Kindly some one suggest how this can be acheived in HP ALM

0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: How to reduce the number of concurrent users

Hi

Are you talking about setting the desired number of Vusers in a load test?

Thanks,

Lior

0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Hi,

As an admin, now i need to do the setup to reduce the number of max concurrent user from 130 to 30. Expecting that system should not allow if 31st user tries to login when already 30 users are logged in.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Again, and sorry if I misunderstand, are you asking on a load test, or to limit the number of concuret users loging into your ALM server (i.e. not related to load testing, but rather to day to day operations in ALM server)?

Thanks,

Lior

0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

This is NOT for load test but to limit the number of concurrent users loging into our HP ALM 12.5 for defect management.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi

Ok, so now I understand.

The number of concurrent users in ALM is dependant only on the license.

You can also limit the number of users per domain or even a specific project, but that is done through the Site Admin utility.

For more questions on ALM related issues, I suggest you consult the relevant forum in this location.

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

Lior

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hello

If you ALM license have expired, then it will be impossible to login to ALM and the user will get and errormessage if there are no licenses left.

What you can also do is to lower the "WAIT_BEFORE_DISCONNECT" siteadmin configuration from the default 600 (minutes) to 60 (lowest reccomended value). Then idle users will not block a license for so long.

br /ola

Please mark post as solved if your problems or questions is/are resolved.
If this post was valuable to you, please consider kudo it.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.