Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

How to resolve "Program aborted by signal : Exception STACK_OVERFLOW received" error?

When executing a load test with the a script with huge viewstate correlation, below mentioned error message is obtained.

Error -- Program aborted by signal : Exception STACK_OVERFLOW received.

Please suggest.

we tried increasing the cci_stack and also setting the runtime_context to 0. But could not resolve the error.
Tags (1)
0 Likes
8 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

What is the LR Version?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Loadrunner version: LR 9.52 is used for scripting and controller is used for execution
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

We haven't seen this problem in LR95. How big is your viewstate?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

view state will be approximately with the size of 1 mb.

so we have used web set max function for1000000 bytes
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

hi,

try to execute your script as a process not as a thread.

If its doesn't work maybe you will have to use a specific .dll.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thank you very much for the reply. Please add share some ideas about how the specific .dlls could be used to resolve this issue.

As per my learnings, .dlls could be loaded with specific custom functions that could be used for the vuser script.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

you will use the functun lr_load_dll
wich will call your .dll

in your .dll you will code a function that will be able to correlate the viewtate

the warning is that when you use external dll, the script will consume a lot of memory during the replay so be careful with the number of vusers and the injector's ressources.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Has anyone found a solution for this?

I am facing the same issue. My viewstate is getting captured and correlatd successfully. My viewstate is about 150K and the script successfully submits the request, but it will fail before ending the transaction.

I tried setting the "Vuser as a process" option and it still fails.

Thank You.

Regards.

Naga

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.