Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

How to test a thick client using loadrunner

Dear Experts,

I am using loadrunner 9.1 version, i want to test a thickclint using loadrunner software. The thick client application name is Kondor+,

Please help me out which protocol I need to use to launch the application and please let me know the process how to launch the thick client application using that protocol.

Currently we have license for siebel-web protocol. Is that protocol enough to test the thick client or do we need to buy license for other protocols.

Any help in this regard will be appreciated.
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Re: How to test a thick client using loadrunner

Hi Sahil,

Is this Siebel application? As Siebel Web protocol is Siebel application specific.

If yes then you can make use of it for thick client. You just need to choose Win32 Applications and provide exact path to invoke application into start recording options of Vugen.

If not then you need to buy another protocol license.

Thanks,
Champ

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: How to test a thick client using loadrunner

Thanks for the quick response.

The application is not siebel based, after some R & D, I came to know that Winsock protocl can be used to invoke the application.

As stated above we can invoke application using siebel protocol by selecting win32 in application type field and provide the path in program to record field, is this the same case with Winsock protocol.

One more request is that can you please provide me how much it will cost if we lease Winsock protocol for couple of weeks.

I have sent a mail to HP support to send the details, but any help from the forum will be very much helpful.

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.