Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

How to turn off LoadRunner encryption

I'm creating ODBC scripts and LoadRunner automatically encrypts the userid and password into one string which makes it impossible to parameterize and reuse for multiple users. How do I turn off the auto encryption? I vaguely remember being able to switch it off for other protocols.

Cheers!
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: How to turn off LoadRunner encryption

In teh script you can replace the encrypted user and password by the real one.

Rerun the script, verify that it run well and parametize the user as usual.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Sorry for not being clear enough fafo - what you suggested is exactly what I was trying to do without success. Turns out that there's client side encryption on top of the LR encryption which makes the information come out illegible regardless. The DBA had a 'special' password combination that encrypts to regular alpha rather than hex, enabling parameterisation.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

See solution in comment above.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.