Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hp Loadrunner 11- Windows Socket - Error code : 9017.

Hi Guys,

We are using windows socket protocol to script. The program that the company use is still been develop. Bug fix, new code, etc. So about every day a new version is coming out. So that means re-scripting. 

With their latest release build, i saw in the windows socket script that there is lrs_accept_connection("socket5", "socket6"); in the recordings.Before their wasn't any in the Scripts. Same business process is been used.

My scripts fail when it gets to this point. lrs_accept_connection("socket5", "socket6")

error message: Action.c(122): Error : Timeout expired while trying to accept connection. Error code : 9017.

The developers did say that they made alot of changes. Is there a way to get past this? 

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Hp Loadrunner 11- Windows Socket - Error code : 9017.

Hi Tiaan

Firstly, your english/writing skills are not very good - is English your first language? What country are you from?

Secondly, my advice is: Stay away from Winsock at all costs!

Thirdly, ensure you have the latest build in your environment because this problem may not be present in subsequent builds. Also, try scripting on a different machine (or different version of LR) because this may yield different results. Other than this, I am not sure what else to suggest - except don't use Winsock in future.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.