Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Huge variartion of response time in Vugen and Controller

Hi,

After running a single script in Vugen and Controller, i have observed huge variation in response time for particular transactions:
Vugen : 0.0164s
Controller : 0.0003s

Keeping my run time settings same & running them from the same machine, i am getting this variation.

Can some one help me on this , that what might be the possible reason for this.

Or any other way through which i can identify the reason for it.

Thanks
deepa.
0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Huge variartion of response time in Vugen and Controller

Please elaborate the kind of request you are sending to the server and also specify the protocol used. There are some cases where you can see the variations. The change might be due to the configuration changes between your machine on which the VUGEN is being run and the LG machine which is being used for Loadtesting. Give me more details to help you better.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hi,

Thanks for the response.

1. It is a normal Http Request.The application displays the latest news headlines which gets refresh automatically
2. Protocol : web HTTP
3. For vugen and controller we are using the same machine. i.e we have added the load generator as localhost.
4. The value of response time which is been displayed in Controller is so low i.e 0.0003s , because of which LR is rounding it up and it display 0 as average value.

Let me know if you need more details.

Thanks
deepa.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

It seems that your test is incorrect. Drop few check points in your script such as text checks using web_reg_find to ensure that the script is being executed correctly. VUGEN script doesnt wait for the time until UI completes its operation. You need to customize your script using a text check point and a while loop inorder to make your script wait until the text is found. Let me know if you need the piece of code.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

HI,

Thanks for the response.
I have asked my team to apply the below things in the script.
Lets see if we can notice anything out of it.

will get back to u in some time.

Thanks
deepa.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hi,

After putting the text functions like web_reg_find, i am not getting any change in values.

Any clue what should be done to resolve this issue.

Thanks
deepa.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Please elaborate about the requirement. Do you have any status bar indicator displayed on your screen after hitting the Submit button? I mean is it an asynchronous call ? If that is the case the tool will not wait until your status bar indicator completes its operation. Similar kind of functions (web_url (Status Indicator_ 1,2,3,4)) will be recorded and you need to remove the recorded multiple functions and place the while loop after the first status indicator function and make the script to wait until a specified text is found on the results screen. It means your script will wait for certain amount time during which the status bar completes operation and the loop gets terminated once it found the specified text on the screen(Results screen).
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.