Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I have problem whit Performance center 9.52

I have 2003 installed in a server with windows Performance Center 9.52, and have 2003 installed in another server the controllers and in another windows 2003 the Players, and also I have additionally different server with the database that is sqlserver 2005.
the case is that when I design a test in the timeslot, it is assigned correctly but when the test is started executing the controller sends errors of initialization of the test in the controller:
Activation of scheduled load test run started.
Failed initializing load test run.
Controller cannot connect to database. Contact your administrator to remove the Controller from the host list and add it again to reset configuration.
Activation of scheduled load test failed.
Activation of scheduled load test run started [1st retry].
Controller cannot connect to database. Contact your administrator to remove the Controller from the host list and add it again to reset configuration.
Activation of scheduled load test run started [2nd retry].
cannot connect to database. Contact your administrator to remove the Controller from the host list and add it again to reset configuration.
Activation of scheduled load test run started [3rd retry].
Activation of scheduled load test run started [4th retry].
10-Mar-2010 3:48:51 PM Failed initializing load test run.
All Retries were exhausted.

the service datacollectionagent its running in tthe controllers and the user IUSR_METRO has permissions of adminsitrador, they do not exist any firewall in the ambience.
I try to get connected to the database and it resolves correctly.
I execute manually the controller with the script towards the players and if the test is executed correctly.
they can help me to know that more I can check, I have raised a ticket so that they give me support but they do not solve one me, have checked configuration of the teams and of the PERFOAMCE CENTER but I even continue with this problem

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.. Frequent Contributor..
Frequent Contributor..

Re: I have problem whit Performance center 9.52

What is the architecture of your performance center installation... I mean are you using seperate machines for each PC server?

I understand from your comments that when test is run directly from controller everything is fine. right?

This problem you are facing has occured recently or from day 1 of your performance center installation ?.

Regards,
Imran
You are resource limited only by your imagination
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi.
Imran J

about your questions.

1-my architecture contemplates four server for every instance of performance, that is to say I have four server for the PC (Admin, User, File Server, Utility Server), four server for the Host and ten server for the players.
a firewall does not exist between these server that could block the communication between these server.

2-it is correct, when I execute the test from the controllers that are server different, the test is executed very well.

3-the problem appeared that 9.2 installed to himself the update of PC

best regards.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor..

Hi,

As you said PC got updated this means that it has updated settings on controller machine also. This is the error defintion given in PC Administration manual. go through it and see if it helps

Controller Cannot Connect to Database
(Error -2147219979)

When you receive this error, it usually means that something changed on
the Controller host machine. This could be due to someone reformatting or
reinstalling the Controller.
Your administrator needs to reset the Controller configuration by removing
the Controller from the Administration Site Hosts page (Resources > Hosts)
and then adding it again.

If this doesnt help let me know so that I can suggest some other steps.

Regards,
Imran
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi.

if already the host try to be reinstalled from the Site Administration, the software of the host is reinstalled from zero, the software of PC is reinstalled from zero, the software of the players is reinstalled from zero.

the database was migrated to the version 9.51, and the host are added again and player in the AdminSite as well as the teams of User, utility and file server
0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor..

Hi,

I am not getting what you are trying to say. But I am not telling you to reinstall the controller just delete it and add it once again from Admin site. When you carry out this step the PC will reconfigure your controller.

Regards,
Imran
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.