Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

IE Crashes - Oracle Web App 11i protocol

Hi ,
I am trying to record a small functionality in Oracle E-business using 'Oracle Web Applications 11i' protocol. I can login to the E-bus website, after that when I click on a link which opens Oracle Apps IE 7 crashes and closes itself. Hence I cannot do any recording.

This works fine if am accessing the site independently. But not from VuGen.

IE version: 7.05 ( was IE8 before, I downgraded it)

VuGen: 9.50

Oracle version info:
Oracle Applications : 12.1.1
Form Version : 12.0.32.12010000.3

Please help.

I have tried Web HTTP + Oracle NCA, but its not good enough as the script fails at login part.

I also installed Jinit and copied the jvm.dll and the cert.

Please suggest what needs to be done to fix this issue. I urgently need to record and demo this.
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: IE Crashes - Oracle Web App 11i protocol

have u installed the correct version of JInitiator..

Also what error you are getting while recording with web+oracle nca ?
Cheers!

Nvr Blame a day in ur life....... Good day gives "happiness" & Bad day gives "experience" ......
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Follow these steps:

1. Uncheck "Track processes created as COM local servers" in the Recording Options > Script

2. Copy jvm.dll from the \jre folder to \jre folder
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

IE crashes even if I cipy the jVm.dll and certs etc.

But I got around this problem:
1. Recorded the script using Oracle Web Applications 11i (GUI mode), without the option GUI Properties--> Advanced-->Record Settings--> (uncheck) Record rendering-related property values. (if I check this IE crashed).

2. Record the same functionality using Web + Oracle NCA.

3. Merged the NCA part of code into the Oracle Web App 11i code.

few adjustments and checks and the script is running smoothly.

Thanks for you comments.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.