Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

IE crashing while recording Oracle forms

IE is crashing while recording an Oracle 11i Application in LR 9.1 and 9.5 versions.only the web part is getting recorded in both Orcale/NCA and Oracle 11i protocol. we tried to change the IE browser setting to avoid the crash it didnt prove fruitful. I infact tried to record with different recording option(port mapping), even then iam unable to recorcd the oracle forms response. anyother workaround you have for this.
0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: IE crashing while recording Oracle forms

Try doing the below steps:
1) Turn off DEP settings in the machine where you are trying to record. To do this My computer > Properties > Advanced > Performance > Settings > Data Execution Prevention and select the first option to turn it on for only essential windows programs.

2)In your script recording options try using WinIlet and Socket level data in port mapping settings

3)In the recording optins > HTTP properties > Select support char-set UTF-8

Try these and let me know how it goes.

Thanks
Prashanth T
0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Hi Sundarraj,

Change the vugen settings by deselecting record com objects. Check vugen is working fine without any IE crash.

Thanks
Champ
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

bot of the above workarounds didnt work. Prashanth yu have anyother workaround for this issue.btw thanks buddy for the workaround suggested.

Regards
Selvam
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

What version of IE are you using? If it is IE7 then it is not compatable with LR 9.1. Try recording with a different browser like Mozilla Firefox etc by specifying the .exe file of the browser by choosing windows application in the Start recording window.

Also, check for the version of the Oracle forms and the JRE that is being used and check if it is compatable with your LR version.Downgrade your JRE to a version supported by your application and try again.

Thanks
Prashanth T
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Prashanth,

Firefox isnt proving fruitful. reg the JRE version do you have any compatibility matrix for the JRE version in the system and LR. Jinitiator 1.3.1.18 has been installed from the Oracle application which is the compatible version according to the application team.

Regards
Selvam
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.