Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

IP Spoofing - Application not accessible

I have configured a LG and enabled IP Spoofing on it.When i start running the test the application is not opening.if i disable the IP spoofing and run the test it is working fine.When IP Spoofing is enabled am able to see that each vuser is running from different IP's that i have configured.what am i missing ?
0 Likes
7 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: IP Spoofing - Application not accessible

First thing we need to look is the protocol of the scripts you are running. Does that protocol supports IP Spoofing?

If it supports, what is the exact error you are getting?

Assign one of the IP addresses used to your machine, and try to access the application. See it opens or not?

Thanks
KM
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Protocol is Web.It supports IP Spoofing.
No when i try to open with one of the mentioned IP's i am not able to access the application..this is the problem
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

It is clear. The IPs which you assigned are invalid. With those IPS it is not able to see the appln.

Ask your admin to give some valid IPs.

Thanks
KM
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I am creating the IP's using the IP wizard
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Adding IPs manually or using IP Wizard, doesn't have any difference. IP Wizard is just a utility we provided with the LR tool for easy creation.

In any case you need to provide the valid IP addresses.

Thanks
KM
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

For the LG machine , it was DHCP enabled.I configured the IP manually by inputting the IP address that was coming automatically before.Is this a right way or should i ask the network team to provide me with a static IP for the LG
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Using that IP if you are able to access the appln outside of LR, then that should be fine.

Otherwise request the admin for valid IPs

Thanks
KM
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.