Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Identity Changer: Initialization error: Cannot connect to ALM Server

When attempting to connect to ALM & update the ALM/PC passwords – the following occurred: The alm URL is accessible (http://ALMhost:8080/qcbin) & the user account is valid, however when we attempt to use the tool, the following message is displayed: Identity Changer: Initialization error: Cannot connect to ALM Server ALM 12.21, PC 12.20

Mike Constantinou, ISTQB
Tags (1)
0 Likes
8 Replies
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: Identity Changer: Initialization error: Cannot connect to ALM Server

Hi,

From PC Server, are you able to access to ALM Lab Management and My Performance Center?

Also just want to clarify, your ALM version is 12.21 and PC version is 12.20 without patch,right?

Regards,

Chau

Regards,

Chau Nguyen | SW Technical Support Consultant.
LoadRunner and Performance Center

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Yes, from the ALM server I can access both ALM (Lab man) & PC /loadtest pages. I am unable to also add this PC server to ALM. But from the PC machine when i attempt to use the ID Changer, it gives me the can not connect message. Yes, I have not applied the final patch to PC

Mike Constantinou, ISTQB
0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi,

I think the issue come from mismatch version between ALM and PC because in ALM 12.21 release note, it mentions that ALM 12.21 work with PC 12.20 patch 01. Please refer the attached document.

Here is the link to download PC 12.20 patch 01: https://softwaresupport.hp.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/LID/PC_00305

Please read carefully the warning note in the link before apply the patch.

Regards,

Chau

Regards,

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

unfortunatly this issue exists on another pair of servers (ALM/PC) that are all patched to 12.21 - any further suggestions?

Mike Constantinou, ISTQB
0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi,

I see, so what is the eror that you got when adding this PC server to ALM? We need the PC server is added to ALM first, then back to Identity Changer.

Regards,

Chau

Regards,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

looks like ALM (12.21) is using it's built in websever (jetty i think) however the ALM server has IIS (8.5 installed - which I think is utilising port 80 which PC is attempting to communicate on). I have attached the error - (acton not authorized), this target PC server has had the server config wizard run many times.

Mike Constantinou, ISTQB
0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi,

Sorry, I didn't see any attached error, could you please attach it again?

Regards,

Chau

Regards,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Mike Constantinou, ISTQB
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.