Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Identity Changer password criteria

Jump to solution

I created a service account which I want to use to replace IUSR_METRO as the default user.

So I go to the Identity Changer Utility and try to change the user.

But I get an error, and in the logs it says:

HP.PC.Common.Exceptions.SysIdentityException: Exception in step [SystemConfig.ConfigurationSteps.CreateUserStep] ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: The password does not meet the password policy requirements. Check the minimum password length, password complexity and password history requirements.

Our service account passwords are provided by our ISO, so we have to use whatever they give us.

Has anyone else faced this issue and how do we overcome it? I suppose I could just request a password reset on the account to see if that helps?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Identity Changer password criteria

Jump to solution

Figured this out with Microfocus support help.

I had been logging on to my server with the local admin account that I used to build the server.

The local admin account did not have the necessary network/domain privileges  to allow me to set the service account as the default Load Runner Enterprise User.

So I logged off the server and logged in again using the domain service account credentials.

Launched the IdentityChanger utility and this time I was able to set my service account as the default LRE user without any errors.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Update: I forgot to include the domain name in the Domain\Username field.

So I added our domain name\service account and I have double checked that the account password is correct.

The account is not disabled or locked out.

The account also is an admin on the LRE server and has logon rights.

When I apply the change in Identity Changer I now get a different error.

Domain:DEFAULT Project:LAB_PROJECT]
HP.PC.Common.Exceptions.SysIdentityException: User [Domain\Service-Account] does not exists or bad password

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hello,

Can you login using the new account on the PC Server? 

BR, Ivo

IvoHri
0 Likes
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Yes I have tested that I can log on to the server using the service account and password. It works fine.

So the account does not appear to be the problem. I use the same credentials when trying to change the user in Identity Utility and it tells me that either the account or the password is invalid.#

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hello,

I suppose you are using domain use account .  There is a specific regarding that as mentioned on the official help site, even the error looks bit different:

https://admhelp.microfocus.com/pc/en/2020/online_help/Content/PC/PC-System-Admin.htm#Prerequisites

"In the case of a domain user, when the domain IT team notifies you that the password is to be changed, you need to temporarily change the LoadRunner Enterprise system user on the LoadRunner Enterprise server and hosts to a different user. After the domain IT team has changed the password of the domain user and has notified you of this change, you need to change the LoadRunner Enterprise system user back to the domain user on the LoadRunner Enterprise server and hosts."

Another option for getting more specific details about the error is to check the Identity changer log, located in the folder below:

<PC Installatin folder>\orchidtmp\LTLogger\IdentityChangerUtil

Thanks and Regards,

Ivo

IvoHri
0 Likes
Highlighted

Jump to solution

This is a brand new environment. It was just built as a Sandbox to test the new LRE 2020 capabilities.

So the account is also brand new. I got it set up with a standard password that our Security Office provide us for all of our other service accounts which work fine.

I have checked in AD. The account is not locked out or disabled and the password has not expired. I also checked again and I can definitely log into the LRE server with the service account and password.

But again, when I try to update the LRE user using System Identity the error tells me that the user does not exist or it is a bad password.

The log file for IdentityChangerUtil does not really give any further details...

2020-04-15 10:11:48,342 [7592] [9] ERROR IdentityChangerUtil.SysIdentityChanger - Exception in ChangeSystemIdentity_Task Msg[User [Domain\My_Service_Account] does not exists or bad password] Enum [CreateUser] [Context: d0c54ffd-e07b-446b-9aa0-4f4205dac185] [FullContext: BackendUrl:http://localhost:5876 UserName:UserID Domain:DEFAULT Project:LAB_PROJECT]
HP.PC.Common.Exceptions.SysIdentityException: User [Domain\My_Service_Account]does not exists or bad password

0 Likes
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Figured this out with Microfocus support help.

I had been logging on to my server with the local admin account that I used to build the server.

The local admin account did not have the necessary network/domain privileges  to allow me to set the service account as the default Load Runner Enterprise User.

So I logged off the server and logged in again using the domain service account credentials.

Launched the IdentityChanger utility and this time I was able to set my service account as the default LRE user without any errors.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.