Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

IdentityChangerUtil in PC server

Hi Team,

During PC migration from PC v11.06 to PC v11.52, HP engineer has changed the default user (IUSR_METRO) from IdentityChangerUtil in PC server to one accounts as the testers were facing issues while running the test. Now i wanted to change the username of th eexisting one. May i know how do i proceed with it? The screenshot is attached for your ref.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: IdentityChangerUtil in PC server

Hello,

As I can see from the screenshot, you are using domain account for PC system user. This way I can suggest the new account you in tend to uses is also a domain account.

In that case, the new PC system account first have to be created by your domain admin (the user who administers stbc2 domain) and later on you can use the tool to set the new account for PC system user.

The identity change utility is also described in PC Installation guide provided below:

https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/KM00425856 topic “System Identity Utility Window” page 464.

Thanks,

Ivo

IvoHri
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Hi Ivo,

Thanks for your response and sharing the link. I went thru the guide but basically I wanted to understand whether we need to follow any process for changing the domain account (I want to change the current domain stbc2 acct with another domain stbc2 acct) or we can just go and change it over there? Do we require any outage for this activity? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Hi,

Note that the identity changer util only set the required permissions on each of the servers being configured.
If the domain account you want to use is a valid and can be authenticated using the given password than we set the required rights for that user per machine. No domain level changes are required.

Regards,
Eyal

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.