Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. cmcn2016 Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Installation Issues - LRE 2020

Jump to solution

Hi,

I am trying to install LRE 2020 on a brand new Windows 2016 server with SQL Server 2014 SP2.

I have followed the guide and populated all of the various parameters requested.

I have given my DB admin user dbcreator privileges and specified my LRE admin user and password.

I chose not to migrate from my previous Performance Center just yet.

The install proceeds ok until it gets to  "create admin database lre_siteadmin_db"

Error: Failed creating admin database lre_siteadmin_db

and then The Load Runner Enterprise server configuration process failed.

In the configuration log file I see this error.

[1/13/2020 2:22:33 PM]: Starting admin DB creation / migration process for database lre_siteadmin_db
[1/13/2020 2:22:39 PM]: Successfully started the Admin DB creation / migration process
[1/13/2020 2:23:17 PM]: [ERROR]: Migration process failed! Check LRECore process logs for more details.
[1/13/2020 2:23:17 PM]: Stopping the lre_siteadmin_db database creation / migration process
[1/13/2020 2:23:54 PM]: [ERROR]: The LoadRunner Enterprise Server configuration process failed.
Click 'View Log' to view the details.

Also in the LRECore log file I see this "CREATE DATABASE permission denied in database 'master'."

So obviously something in the master DB on SQL Server is preventing the install wizard from creating the DB? I am not a DBA, but I would assume I need to grant my DB admin user some sort of db creator role in 'master' ?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Installation Issues - LRE 2020

Jump to solution

Hi Aliza,

good news. I managed to resolve this. Even though I definitely had given my database admin user dbcreator role and my database user public role, the install wizard still could not create the databases.

So I gave both admin and user dbcreator and sysadmin roles in SSMS.

This time the install ran through to completion.

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi, 

Please share if you are using MSSQL with SQL Auth or Win Auth?

In case of SQL Auth,  during the LRE Configuration you have to provide 2 DB users . The DB Administrator user (which should have the DBCREATOR permission) and DB user which is  a user with "public" level privileges to be used by LoadRunner Enterprise to connect to the database after the installation is complete. (similar to the ALM td user). What have you provided for the DB user? 

I suggest to provide your email address so I'll be able to contact you to review this issue .

Aliza

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Hi,

I am using MSSQL with SQL authentication.

I give the database name LoadRunner

I provide database admin credentials and database user credentials. In SQL Studio Management Studio I checked the user roles. The admin has dbcreator and the user has public role specified.

Next I provide my Server Host and Port details (1433).

When I test connection it succeeds ok.

First part of installation goes fine until the db creation part and once again it fails...

Time Elapsed 00:00:43.68
[1/14/2020 11:34:08 AM]: Starting admin DB creation / migration process for database lre_siteadmin_db
[1/14/2020 11:34:13 AM]: Successfully started the Admin DB creation / migration process
[1/14/2020 11:34:51 AM]: [ERROR]: Migration process failed! Check LRECore process logs for more details.
[1/14/2020 11:34:51 AM]: Stopping the lre_siteadmin_db database creation / migration process
[1/14/2020 11:34:55 AM]: [ERROR]: The LoadRunner Enterprise Server configuration process failed.
Click 'View Log' to view the details.

020-01-14 11:34:51,801 [6736] [9] ERROR LRECore.Seeder.Tasks.MigrateDbTaskExecuter - System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): CREATE DATABASE permission denied in database 'master'.

0 Likes

Jump to solution
Hi Aliza,

I just responded on the forum but this is my email address if we need to troubleshoot further.

This is what my db set up looks like:
[cid:image001.png@01D5CACF.8EFA7F80]
[cid:image002.png@01D5CACF.8EFA7F80]

[cid:image003.png@01D5CACF.B8E34200]

Kind regards,

Colin

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution
Hi,
Sorry , didn't get your email address.
Aliza
0 Likes

Jump to solution

Hi Aliza,

good news. I managed to resolve this. Even though I definitely had given my database admin user dbcreator role and my database user public role, the install wizard still could not create the databases.

So I gave both admin and user dbcreator and sysadmin roles in SSMS.

This time the install ran through to completion.

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.