Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Installing Probes in IBM WebSphere Application Server

Good day,

i'm a Websphere newbie trying to setup HP Diagnostics 8.04 to monitor java applications on IBM WebSphere application server 6.1

i have installed HP Diagnostics 8.04 server component on a SUSE Linux version 2.6.16.46-0.12-bigsmp machine

also have IBM Webphere application server 6.1 installed on AIX 5.3 together with HP Diagnostics 8.04 probes

i'd like to ask the following questions:
1. what would be the best way to intrument my jvm?
2. The previous guy who setup the current version of Diagnostics used -javaagent argument in the startup script for the JVM which according to EOH Gallium and "installtion documentation" is not adviced for J2RE 1.5.0 IBM J9 version due to a number of known issues with the IBM JVM including high CPU usage and memory leaks. i was then adviced to use jreinstrumentor which will give me an Xbootclasspath statements instead of -javaagent. I have now tried to use the jreinstrumentor and got the -Xbootclasspath statement which i have saved in the WAS console's Generic JVM arguments (Application servers > Server1 > Process Definition > Java Virtual Machine)PROBLEM is now the server fails to start and when i look in the probe.log i see the following error attached. if anyone can please advice on that please.
3. i have been adviced to also allocate additional memory to the max heap for the JVM by adding -Xmx???m to the java settings in the application's startup script which i'm not sure where to do.

Your expert advice will be highly appreciated and thanking you in advance

Regards

WAS Newbie 🙂

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Installing Probes in IBM WebSphere Application Server

duplicate post
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.